All reviews the pub room was clean shared bathroom enjoyable stay suite toilet wedding
Reviewed 16 October 2016

It was a spur of the moment decision and a desire to visit Cornish Markets in St Austell that I hurriedly booked a room at The Duke . this was an on-line choice and proved to be an excellent choice. Although just a corner pub used principally by locals ,we were greeted cheerfully and shown to a spacious room and equally large bathroom newly decorated and extremely clean. Coffee & tea making facilities were plentiful. That evening we welcomed a guest for dinner ( a previous boss of my wife before retirement ), and the food chosen was excellent . Breakfast was included in the very reasonable overall cost of our stay , and a note was made to stay again on our next Cornish visit.

Room Tip: All are good.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher V
Reviewed 9 August 2016

This was the cheapest hotel we could find in the area. August is really busy there, so it was a good place to stay. I was with a friend and the shower box with transparent doors in the middle of the room wasn't ideal. Shared toilet with 4 other double bedrooms isn't ideal either, but since we only needed a bed to sleep it was OK. It;'s a place to stopover ONLY! Don't expect ANY pleasure in your stay.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2016

We were looking for a 1 night bed as we were going to the Eden Project the next day. As it was, this was the perfect place for 1 night. Small rooms and squeaky floorboards didn't help, however, I will concede that food was decent even though we were told that the chef wasn't in to start with. Needs a bit of updating and would have been a 4 star.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Stayed here Friday 22nd with my daughter as had a wedding in the area the next day - great little place. The lady who manages the place (sorry didn't get her name) was really helpful and very nice. We had a twin room with shared toilet, was slightly wary of this when I booked it, but needn't have worried. Great girl on bar in the evening too (Frankie). Really made us feel welcome and even gave my daughter a colouring book to do while sat in the bar. Happy days! Will certainly stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Top class people and rooms can't fault it I stay in guest houses 5 times a week and this even out did the hilton . Even though it's next to the rd not a single car passed by after 10pm.lovely garden to rear,sky TV and anorexia than adequate tea coffee milk and various washing things that girls like.the room I stayed in was bigger than my apartment.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business