“Just Beautiful!”

Price range: US$57 - US$138
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We could go on, but let's leave that to the Guide Books. Come and experience Driftwood's Michelin Starred Restaurant for yourself. There are no extravagant promises, only a guarantee of the freshest, finest food, served with stunning views across the sea. When the weather is warm we light hurricane lamps on the deck to enjoy pre-dinner drinks and after dinner coffee.
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

I have eaten here many times over the years and also stayed in the hotel, what an experience, you will not be disappointed!
We started with a cocktail in the lounge which is very warm and cosy.
The eight course tasting menu was devine plus the wine flight! The wine sommelier explained each wine which was very helpful.The food was superb you could not fault it.
The staff are very friendly and professional.
This is an interment quiet restaurant, lacks a little atmosphere you sometimes feel you have to whisper, a little louder music may help? Although after an eight course meal plus wines that went out the window!
We had to travel a fair way so I would suggest you try and book a room, its worth it, you can walk down to the beach.
The only suggestion I would have to the owners is the interiors haven't changed since they first opened, I think it need a fresh look, the flooring in particular is very slippery especially in high heels, please be careful ladies! The flooring lets it down, not good quality.
Other than that, it's perfect, a real must! I would also be confidant in saying they serve the best food in Cornwall at present of that standard.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank UniqueFortune
Paul R, Owner at Driftwood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you so much, I am delighted that you had such a good time. Music is always controversial, some guests love it and some hate it. Thanks for the suggestion, we do tinker with the décor, pictures, mirrors etc but we do like the light and airy feel of the restaurant and of course those views. I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Came here with my 2 beautiful children.
The service was fabulous. Two of us had the vegetarian menu, not the taster menu.
The food was well presented and steadily paced throughout the evening.
The portions were smaller than I expected but nonetheless you felt full by the time you finished all the courses.
The staff were well presented and knowledgeable about the food they were serving, answering any questions we had.
As a fussy vegetarian, and I mean fussy, I was more than happy with my food.
Would eat here again and even go for the 12 taster menu!!!!
Only criticism, we parked in the overflow car park on the grass around the corner, and there was no lighting at all, and it was pitch black. We all had to take out our mobile phones and switch the torches on in order to see...shame really.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Umberdos
Paul R, Owner at Driftwood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thank you, I am so pleased you enjoyed yourselves. Sorry about the parking, we are not allowed any lighting there but there is usually enough lighting from our adjacent house. If its a problem next time, please ask one of the staff to collect the car for you.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner booked to come here for our anniversary but our taxi driver took us to the wrong Driftwood (in St Agnes - which is a pub and over an hour away from the Driftwood Hotel so we missed our booking!) So We rebooked for the following week with my parents as we were still very keen to try it here and see what the hype was about. We're all massive foodies (despite our dreadlocked appearance) and, if they thought we'd walked into the wrong place, they didn't show it haha :)

Absolutely stunning location. On arrival we were whisked through to the lounge bar to have a glass of wine (or two!) before we placed our order and were moved to the restaurant.

We opted for the £65 three course meal each as we couldn't decide on which tasting menu to have.

Three courses turned into six as they brought some canapes, an amuse bouche and a pre-dessert in between each course we'd ordered. All the food was exceptional but my duck for main stole the show. I've never had duck taste so good.

The desserts were amazing. And again, my one, the Thunder and Lightning was the best.

We had a cheese board of all Cornish cheeses which were gorgeous.

The staff were lovely and helpful and as attentive as can be without being overbearing.

Just wonderful.

A phenomenal experience from start to finish. You can see why they're Michelin starred. The food was exceptional. I'm glad we found it!!

2  Thank Marie_Smith83

Thank you, what a lovely review, St Agnes loss is our gain and I hope we will see you again.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Driftwood is a hidden gem. Beautiful dining room overlooking the bay with a large garden and bar to enjoy a pre-dinner drink. We chose the tasting menu including cheese and two desserts. The highlights were the ray wing and aged beef (which melted in the mouth). The clotted cream brioche was divine. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this 1 star Michelin experience ...

Date of visit: September 2017

Thank you, I hope we will see you again.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Taster menu was stunning and main courses were many of the taster items just "grown". Service was a bit hit and miss, took ages to get the bill, but didnt detract from the whole experience. Certainly a treat, will go back for sure. Note only does lunches for larger parties, to order.

Date of visit: September 2017
Paul R, Owner at Driftwood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you, that's very kind. Sorry about the delay in getting the bill and we look forward to seeing you again.