“Anniversary Dinner”

Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A small, family run restaurant in Rock, Cornwall
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

A wonderful evening...4 friends- 2 celebrating a wedding anniversary.
Atmosphere special and like a home dining room. Absolutely fantastic food. House nibbles to die for...beetroot meringue with horseradish...our favourite...then delightful amusebush...of fennel cream and so on ...delicious. THEN the variety of homemade bread.. .sage being my favourite. This was all before our actual starters. Glorious food, wonderful service, divine wines and not too silly on the wallet either.....go go go.

2  Thank batsweybridge

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Another delightful meal on Thursday evening celebrating hubby's birthday with a dear family friend. The Dining Room is the epitome of fine dining, experienced in such lovely, calm and unhurried surroundings. If you want a quick meal go somewhere else - this is a step back in time to how dining was, and should still be. A visit to Cornwall is now not complete for me unless we dine here at least once! Thank you so much to all of you who work so hard to make this such an enjoyable experience - I cannot wait for our next visit!

2  Thank Louise E
Reviewed 13 September 2017

We went on a Saturday night in early September and the muted tones of the room seemed to have affected the clientele: it was all very hushed and a little dated. That said, I wanted a change from fish and had an excellent pork dish. But there are so many restaurants in the area that have stunning locations, great design as well as good food which I think are more interesting.

3  Thank CGALondon_England
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Unbelievable food & service exceptional in relaxing but smart surroundings. One of the waitresses was happy to discuss places to visit while on holiday..a must visit place for a great meal

2  Thank Neil E
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have made a point of booking in to this restaurant (sometimes a couple of times) when we visit this area. We were told about this family owned restaurant a few years and I am amazed it remains such a well kept secret. In comparison to the various Michelin starred restaurants that I have been fortunate to eat in over the years, the food here is undoubtedly the best I have had in the UK and is similar to gastronomic trips to the Cape Town area in years gone by. The amuse bouche, canapés, menu choices and exceptional wine list make this a firm favourite!

Date of visit: August 2017