1,409 results
All reviews garden suite pianist playing junior suite jacuzzi and sauna leisure centre spa facilities patio doors lovely hotel cream tea restaurant staff birthday treat single room four poster bed two night stay nothing is too much trouble weekend break an evening meal
Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

Had a one night Indulgence Break at the Penventon Hotel with my daughter on Friday 27th January and thoroughly enjoyed every minute and found it so relaxing with olde world charm.

The break included a mini cream tea on arrival, a £10 per person voucher towards a spa treatment, bed and breakfast, three course dinner and pre-dinner cocktail. We pre-booked our spa treatments and they were carried out in a very professional way. My hot stone massage was wonderful and my daughter said her Swedish full body massage was equally as good.

Our room was spotless and beds so comfortable, all the food we had was first class and everyone of the staff that we met were so helpful and friendly without being over the top and false.

The only negative that we both had was that we thought the swimming pool area needs some updating but the rest of the hotel was brilliant.

Would like to return there again for another break.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2017

I have stayed in a lot of hotels and have always felt justified in saying that a good hotel in Cornwall is harder to find than a hen with teeth. What a huge and very pleasant surprise I had then when I stayed at the Penventon Park Hotel. I heartaly recommend the place. From the luxuriously appointed, warm and clean room to the stunning pool and jacuzzi, from the gorgeous grub to the friendly well trained staff, the whole experience was just about flawless. So, now I'm eating humble pie in large quantities and now I am able to state without fear of contradiction, if you want a great stay in Cornwall, Penventon's your place. Oh, and we bought the two day break with breakfast on Groupon and it was cheaper than staying in a Premier Inn without breakfast. Makes you think, doesn't it?

Room Tip: Only stayed in one,279, it was very good.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jeff186258
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

Had an offer over the internet that included, evening meal, bottle of wine and money off spar voucher. We stayed for two nights and were upgraded to a luxury room which had a large double bed, very comfy, bone china crockery with coffee, tea etc. A nice large bathroom with bath / shower plus soap, shampoo, etc. All products in the room were supplied by local companies, nice to see! The evening meal was excellent and served in a beautiful restaurant with excellent serving staff.
Breakfast was freshly cooked and of good quality. A few suggestions would be more lighting over the breakfast buffet and we did not quite understand both at breakfast and dinner that everyone was sat close together in a large dining room!
The bar was well supplied, especially with gin options!
The hotel is a beautiful building and I am sure will be upgraded to 4* in the near future.
Would recommend even if paying the 'rack' rate.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2017

I have used this hotel a number of times and I am not disapointed whenever I stay.

Although it is a 3* hotel it does give the impression of being more and the service from the moment you step into the hotel is great.

The pool and Gym etc are free to use which is a great benefit and I have used these in what is "Peak time" and there are no problems for the Gym or the Sauna and pool. The changing rooms are not great but to be honest they will give you a robe and slippers to go back so not really a problem.

Some of the rooms are a little dated, but are spotlessly clean so I know what my preference here is. I had a garden room on this occasion which was very spacious, and although it was two single mattresses pushed together to make a double it was incredibly comfy and I had a great nights sleep - I think part of this was that the room was also at a nice temperature. I stay in hotels regularly and some of the rooms are far too warm to be comfortable.

I ate in the restaurant in the night and had the Hanger Steak which was cooked to perfection. The bar area on the side is also very nice. I really enjoy the breakfast here too, but unfortunately had to get very early and although they serve from 6.30am I couldn't stomach anything at that time. However, the gentleman on reception (morning of the 25th Jan 2017) offered to go and get me a coffee that I could take with me.......great touch I have to be honest.

There are a couple of downsides, or just things personally that would like that would make my stay more enjoyable/easier.
1. - There could be a Chair rather than a stool in the room next to the desk, which would just make it easier for working.
2. - Brighter lighting in the restaurant. I know its mood lighting but it was a little too dim for my liking and I had to hold the menu under a light to see it.

Overall a great place to stay and for the price I think it is bang on the money.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2017

Have just returned from a lovely, relaxing couple of days at the Penventon Park hotel booked by my friend as a birthday treat. I hadn’t been to this hotel for a good few years and wow has it undergone a transformation since I was last there! There was a lovely cream tea waiting for us when we arrived. The reception areas and dining room are just fabulous and the amazing copper bar with a mind boggling amount of gins was just a pleasure to sit in. Jamie the barman was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful and mixed the most delicious cocktails and suggested different gins for us to try. Even the playlist added to the relaxed atmosphere!

There was plenty of choice for breakfast and the hot food was cooked to perfection. We were similarly impressed with the evening meal and a lovely touch was a lady playing the piano whilst we ate.

I believe our room was one of the un-refurbished ones as the décor was maybe a touch dated and a bit creaky in places but, having said that, it was well appointed, clean and very spacious with doors leading out to the garden and benches which would be lovely in the summer.

The spa was nice and not too busy with plenty of seating around the pool and two saunas, a hot tub and a small but well equipped gym. I believe this is also on the list for the refurbishment programme and I can’t wait to see the finished result. The staff at the spa were so friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

It was a fabulous birthday treat and I am looking forward to finding an excuse to return in the near future as there are still a few gins left to try!!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have been upgraded. Some are on the ground floor with outside access and are dog friendly.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends