“Friday evening meal out with the wife”

Amity Tandoori Cuisine
Ranked #14 of 72 Restaurants in Redruth
Price range: US$15 - US$46
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: amity tandoori is the one of the Indian restaurant in Redruth,Cornwall.
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

we have been to this restaurant on a number of occasions this year and so happy to have found such a brilliant Indian eating house so close to where we live. tonight was a significant test to see if they are flexible and can produce a good hot curry. in simple terms the answer is oh yes they can. the welcome and general staff customer relationship is brilliant. we had papadoms with chutney followed by chicken tikka and shush kebabs . Both were fantastic served hot and with salad and onions. as your eating the staff are enquiring if things are ok and also engaging with the customers. now the main course. over 50 years I have visited the proper balti triangle in Birmingham on a weekly basis and my favourite is a tropical balti hot. so my request was just that and although not specifically on the menu they were more than delighted to provide for my needs. the main courses arrived in proper balti bowls and sizzling hot. what more can I say the whole experience was incredible a perfect night. my total compliments to all concerned especially the chef. would we go back. just try keeping us away.

2  Thank davidabethell

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We have started to use Amity as the restaurant is very nicely decorated and comfortable to use. The service is excellant and the food is consistently good. Excellant value.

1  Thank Muttsmum
Reviewed 23 July 2018

I went here in a group of 9 people. We were greeted and seated very quickly as we had booked the table prior to arrival.
The waiter arrived and took our drinks order (for those of us who hadn't brought our own). He left us with menus and went to get the drinks.
Once we had ordered they left us alone chatting amongst ourselves. The starters arrived and were very nice, we all had different.
There the good experience seemed to end. We finished our starters and waited for the mains.
And waited
Other people came ate, and left. We weren't asked if we wanted more drinks or given any updates.
An hour later one of our group flagged a waiter down to ask what was happening. We were told food was on the way.
Another half an hour went by, by which time we were all a little agitated. Then hey presto, we were served.
I think everyone enjoyed what they were served but after that long wait we haven't hurried back.
Overall the place and staff are clean and tidy. Food is good and they are busy.
There is a take away as well as eat in and people are constantly in and out.
Yes I would go again, but not if I was in a rush!

1  Thank Amanda T
Reviewed 23 July 2018

We visited Amity for dinner.
Limited menu.
Service a bit hit and miss but friendly.
Food was actually quite good and better than many so called Indian restaurants that are not really Indian restaurants.
Very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Another amazing meal by Sultan and his team. Customer service spot on and the food fantastic and authentic.

1  Thank Griffsr