“Fantastic value....”
Review of Sweets Grill

Sweets Grill
Ranked #6 of 26 Restaurants in Par
Reviewed 2 August 2017

First time here and I'll definitely be back. Fantastic value for money. Been impressed by other places in Cornwall but I reckon this beats them all. I can't think there's another place around that does bigger, better or more reasonably-priced all-day breakfasts.

I had the 'Large' Breakfast, three of everything, including toast, and I couldn't fault it. I added three pieces of black pudding, too, and it was a feast. Mug of tea was pretty good also. Bacon was really tender, black pudding very tasty, sausages very fine-grained contents but ok (better than some you get with the occasional gritty bit of bone), mushrooms probably tinned, as was the tomato...but then so were the beans!!! Tehe! Oh, and the three eggs and hash browns were amongst the best I've ever eaten. Real good size, those hash browns, and cooked to perfection.

I loved it all and can't wait to return....when I'll be tempted to try the 'Boss,' being four of everything...and some! The chilli-dog looked fun.

Staff were all really pleasant and efficient. Only minor blemish was the first knife I took out of the container on the table was dirty..greasy and dried food on it. But I left it out on the table and didn't complain because it would have been churlish given that I'd just demolished a wonderful plateful, was set up for the day, and a very happy and contented man.

So much better value than just about anywhere I can think of, be it roadside stall or hotel restaurant. If you can find the place you'll also leave smiling, for sure.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

I'm quite baffled reading the reviews on here, as I'd say it's far from excellent & im being generous with my rating!
I found the food rather bland & 'sloppy', no real texture or taste... none of the food we had ordered arrived hot, which was fine for my one year old as he could eat it strait away, if he could actually eat it... was very disappointed with his 'children's pizza chips & beans' it arrived with no beans & the pizza was rock solid & completely not edible, was quite clearly over done in the microwave, my niece had a very nice looking jacket potato & salad, wish we had all ordered this...
it could also do with a deep clean, sticky tables & high chairs & cobwebs in windows...

I'd say this place is ok for a quick pit stop but I certainly won't be returning... would have complained in person but after being told 3 times they were closing, I felt pretty rushed & unwelcome, not the best feeling when you've paid to eat out with family!

Reviewed 18 July 2017

This grill is situated by the fishing lakes, has an outside area, it's also dog friendly. The food is cooked fresh and is really good, and the price is very good as well

Reviewed 2 July 2017

The breakfasts are the best and extremely good value, don't be deceived by the names medium for most cafe would be large or extra large. And a drink to boot. Will be going there a lot. Keep up the excellent work.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Came here for a late breakfast whilst visiting my son who lives nearby.

A lovely setting right next to a caravan park and fishing lodges.

I would highly recommend a visit.