“Cracking Place”
Review of Sam's Diner

Sam's Diner
Ranked #9 of 28 Restaurants in Par
Description: For people who enjoy home made cooked food, fantastic service and a great vibe that brings a wide smile to your face the second you walk through the door. It's our new Vintage American Diner; Sam's ( est88)!as we all know and love. With a twist of a hot rod and a healthy drizzle of Wurlitzer there is something for everyone on the menu. Full House American or English Breakfasts with quality produce from Pancakes to Porridge. The new launch of Sam's Skinny Kitsch a modern, yet retro way of watching what you eat. We are known for big flavours and big portions and now we have designed a menu that helps all those protein pirates out there to keep a close eye on your macros. Along with the new Skinny Kitsch menu we have our award winning Burgers, own recipe Hot dogs, Donnie Brasco Slow Sous Vide Ribs, Steaks, Shellfish, Wings, Deli Sandwhiches and Super-salads with a side order of Mucked up Fries ! Classic Desserts such as The Sambocca Artery Blocca and thick Ice Cream Shakes, there is something for everyone with a sweet tooth. We have outside alfresco dining and a well Stocked Bar with Craft Beers and Cocktails for those who just want a post work tipple. Kids Welcome, In house movies and Pop up Events. See you soon!
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Been here a few times and food is on point. Service always pleasant. I would recommend and I would go again.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped by for a mid-kidzworld break in a party of 6 (3 adults, 3 kids) at 2.15pm on a Sunday. We got a seat inside straight away in the half-full Diner, then spent the next 20 mins waiting for someone to come and take an order. We managed to collectively caught the eye of the waitress... and then continued to wait. She took orders from 3 other tables, two of whom came in AFTER we had already been sat waiting. Then we waited some more, drinking in the miserable faces of the staff who were bussing the tables. After 35 mins of no contact from any of the staff, we got up and left and went back to Kidzworld to eat there instead (served by a member of staff who actually smiled). - again without any reaction from any of the Sam’s staff, who let us walk right by. Really shoddy service from grumpy-as-hell teenage staff. I’d hate to be there on a Friday or Saturday when it’s actually full.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

People that know me, know that I have a love for American diners. Upon just merely browsing the menu from outside, the young manager came outside stating that we were too late to order any food as they were closing in an hour!!?? My husband replied to the young chap and made it clear to him that we were merely browsing. We thought it was very rude indeed. Nevertheless, I persevered and decided that we return at a more ''convenient'' time.

I decided to order the shrimp burger and my husband opted for the chicken wings. Quite enjoyed my burger, however, I was sadly disappointed at my banana milkshake as it came out gloopy. My husband enjoyed his wings.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We visited for lunch, when we arrived the Diner was full...so we sat outside on the benches which was fine. A member of staff shortly came to tell us a table inside was available so we moved indoors which was great. Great decor & vibe, loved the music! We all really enjoyed our food, our son (5yr old) had a burger and chips and ate the whole burger, I could tell he thought it was tasty...usually he is a fussy eater.
Looking forward to going again and trying some more things off the menu.
Great customer service. Can't fault it!

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

I had been to the Fowey Sam’s so was keen to try the diner. We visited for a late lunch with a four year old and a baby. We had to wait twenty minutes for a table which was ok but then the waiting staff were extremely slow to take our order. We had to ask them to and it wasn’t even busy by that stage. It took more than an hour to get our food which, to be fair, was great. There did seem to be a lack of leadership over the waiting staff who didn’t seem to be working in a particularly efficient or productive manner. I’m not sure I would hurry back which is a shame as we loved the decor, music and food.