“Stunning Views & a very warm welcome.”
Review of The View

The View
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Millbrook
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Just had to visit the restaurant - absolutely outstanding. We had the set 2 course lunchtime menu - superb. They have restricted opening hours during the winter - no problem - we were surprised how busy they were on a cold December Friday. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Spent a beautiful afternoon overlooking Whitsands Bay whilst having one of the best Cornish cream teas ever. Perfect scones and a pot of tea which was not just ample it was proper real tea! Delightful place to escape for a great and imperfect setting.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

We turned up here on a Sunday afternoon and were told that lunch was over. No problem, we could have a cream tea and enjoy the amazing view. There were 4 of us, but only enough scones for 3. We decided that we could cope with 6 scones between 4. The guy serving us was very laid back and so was the delivery of crockery and plates! Scones arrived.... still frozen in the middle! I have no problem with a cafe that keeps scones in the freezer till required, but surely they can be tested for defrosting before serving? We had to send them back.
When we went to pay our bill was for 4 cream teas, so we had to get that sorted out.
So, I can’t recommend this as a cream tea venue, but I still award 3 stars because The View lives up to their name. A bit of staff training wouldn’t go amiss either.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Heard great things about this place that looks like a very basic restaurant but turned out to be quite marvellous. The scallop starter was exquisite, probably the best I have ever tasted. Mussels good too, with monkfish to follow. We sat outside for lunch on a beautiful sunny day in October. Friendly service, very dog Friendly. Finished with roast pear and chocolate negus. Good job we'd had a long walk. Good selection of wine. Had to be rose on such a lovely day

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

It was a rainy day and the journey to get to The View is a bit tortuous, but it's definitely worth it when you get there. The view from The View is wonderful and the food is simply delicious! Of particular note was the dessert called, simply, "Raspberries and Chocolate three ways". Uninspiring as that sounds, it was AMAZING! As a rule I don't really eat dessert but I'd have happily forgone every course and eaten this one three times over. I won't try to describe it; my words won't do it justice. However, my wife and I are returning this week for another meal there and we already know what she and I will both choose for dessert.. Yummy!