“Ticked all our boxes”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Mevagissey
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We initially went in to 'Tea on the Quay' to get out of the rain and were impressed that our dog was welcome. I ordered a gluten free cream tea which had a warm and delicious scone (much better than I have had before). My husband was equally impressed with his apple and ginger cake. The waitresses and all the staff were very polite and friendly. Even though they were very busy, they seemed well organised and professional.

2  Thank wendy w

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Quick snack or a good lunch, this is a very popular place. Catering for most people it was good for fish and chips

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Popped in for a latte and a slice of cake. The homemade cakes are lovely, added to by the great location and friendly staff!

1  Thank John B
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Dropped into mevagissey on our way back to the midlands and although we've been here plenty of times in the past, we've never stopped long for food or drink. Glad we did this time round. Found 'Tea on the Quay' kinda by accident as we weren't really looking for an indoors cafe, we were looking for outside seating as we had our small doggy.
Anyway, the lemon and ginger scones here were absolutely gorgeous and the drinks were better than costa/Starbucks/whatever. Staff are super friendly too, we'll definitely return next time we're in Cornwall

2  Thank Philip K
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Ok - but we tried to get a pasty after 4pm and it wasn't possible as there was no hot food - so we went to get something savoury and then returned for tea - my 10 year daughter had a small cone of chips and we had tea and cakes each (husband and I) it was very quiet and we asked if it was ok for my daughter to sit and finish her chips while we had our cake! But no this wasn't allowed so she had to stand outside on her own and finish them which I thought a little uncharitable still 'rules are rules' my carrot cake was a little dry around the edges and my husband said bakeweol tart was good!