1,775 results
All reviews hot tub the cliff spa journey relaxation room eco hotel generous room outdoor natural pool open plan bathroom glass of champagne worth every penny amazing hotel special occasion tea and coffee overlooking the beach wine list steam room nothing is too much trouble
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Beautiful scenery, overlooking the Cornwall cliffs and the Atlantic; comfortable surroundings - like being in a large scale beach house (but with staff who will bring you top notch food and drinks anywhere). Speaking of staff, they make you feel right at home. A spa with all the amenities - pools, yoga room, sauna, hot tubs. Everyone basically lived in their bathrobes and bathing suits. A bit remote, perfect for relaxing and letting go. Rachael, Jake, and Poppie, thank you for the extra attention and kindness to this solo traveler.

Definitely designed for couples, but I felt very comfortable as a single. No children, which was perfect for my intent to relax. (I heard there is a family oriented resort with the same owners nearby.) Dog friendly.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Jennie W, Manager at The Scarlet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

The Scarlet aims to ensure you feel comfortable whether you’re staying as a single traveller, a couple or with friends. I’m so pleased that this was a true reflection of your experience. We hope to welcome you back in the future, and I shall make sure Rachael, Jake and Poppy see your kind words. Best wishes Lisa B (Deputy House Manager)

Reviewed 25 July 2018

This is a really special place - from the moment you walk in, you feel the serenity in it's every aspect. Even though it is quite a large hotel, you would never know it - there are so many different kinds of spaces and places to rest and relax, from the roof top terrace to the pods on the hill looking out to sea, the indoor pool, the outdoor natural pool (and these are just the most obvious places), that you don't have a sense of being crowded-out by other guests at all. It is full of visual and aromatic delights. The food is fantastic - including if you are vegan. Above all, if you can't stand the infantalising attitude of the service industry nearly everywhere in the UK, then go to the Scarlet instead: staff are real people, working in a hotel for real grown-ups. Dogs are genuinely welcome - as dogs, not just as human guest appendages.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Our cosy little nooks are especially designed to allow you to enjoy quiet moments, whilst making the most of the gorgeous view. I’ll enjoy passing on your compliments with regards to the food to our chefs and as well as your kind words towards the rest of our team. Thank you. Best wishes Lisa B (Deputy House Manager)

Reviewed 25 July 2018

Well, where do I start...what an amazing experience to spend three days at this beautiful location. Relaxed atmosphere, stunning views, fabulous food. If want to treat yourself to stay in the UK, look no further. Worth every penny. Stunning.

Room Tip: We stayed in a beautiful room with a large balcony and stand alone bath.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

This is wonderful to read, we are so pleased you had such an amazing time. We appreciate you taking the time to share your Scarlet experience, all the best Lisa B (Deputy House Manager)

Reviewed 22 July 2018

Fantastic hotel overlooking the Mawgan Porth beach. We were greeted on arrival with tea or coffee and then shown to our room. We then went to our hot tub on the cliffs. Nothing is too much for the staff, they are there to help and assist with anything. We even requested our dinner in our room one night (so we could watch England play in the semi finals) and the staff made up a lovely table for us! The treatments are superb - probably the best full body massage I've ever had. And make sure you use the cliff "pods".

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

The pods and hot tubs are both a perfectly cosy way to enjoy the view gorgeous view together. It’s great to hear you enjoyed dinner in your room, we only wish England had managed to be the ‘cherry on top’ for you! Thank you for sharing your Scarlet experience, all the best, Lisa B (Deputy House Manager)

Reviewed 22 July 2018

This is the most perfect spa break in the most perfect setting. Every year I am impressed by the friendly hospitality afforded by every member of staff I meet. The restaurant is first class, the spa is the best I have experienced and the facilities are perfect. The attention to detail is first class. Every year, my dietary preference is noted (without me having to mention it or remind anyone) and every year it is handled with discretion by the restaurant staff and offered automatically. It is a perfect place to unwind, recharge and escape the real world. Lying in bed with the huge patio door open and curtains open, listening to the sound of the sea is a wonderful experience. (Please can I book room 2 for my next break!) Not being overlooked meant that I could leave the door and curtains open all night. I love the fact a lot of food is sourced locally as well as local drinks. The bar staff are extremely knowledgeable and enjoy sharing their knowledge with guests. I travel a lot and stay in various hotels around the world - this one feels like staying with friends rather than a hotel. No it isn't cheap but it is value for money and that is the important thing.

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view. All are excellent. I like the top floor but ground floor rooms let you walk straight into the gardens.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Jane N

Thank you so much for sharing your Scarlet experience, and for leaving your review and recommendations. It is wonderful to hear that you were so well attended by everyone in our team, on previous visits as well this latest break. Knowing our guests are able to unwind and enjoy their stay, and that you feel so welcome is why we do what we do. I shall make sure the team see your kind words, and hopefully we will see you again soon. Best wishes, Lisa B (Deputy House Manager)