Peregrine Hall in Lostwithiel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Lostwithiel
See available hotels
Royal Oak Inn(Lostwithiel)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed at Peregrine Hall for 2 nights as we were attending a gig at the Eden Project. We decided to give this place a try because we liked the idea of having our own self catering accommodation (coming and going as we pleased, not having to get up for breakfast at a certain time) and it was cheaper than most of the B&Bs we looked at.

Initially i called the owner up with a couple of questions and he couldn't have been more helpful.

We were delighted when we arrived there after a long drive. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and the setting is very peaceful & quiet. We were greeted by the owner and given a tour. The property itself is striking.

We stayed in 'Cloisters' which is one of the Chapel cottages. It was perfect for us. Very clean and cozy, with a good comfy bed and everything you would need. The decor was a bit dated, but personally that isn't something that bothers me . The bathroom was a wee bit tight on space, but as we are relatively small, slim people, it wasn't an issue (could be if you are a larger person though).

It was a great spot from which to visit other places, being about a 10 minute drive from the Eden Project.

The owners were very warm and friendly & couldn't do enough to assist where needed.

I very much hope to return to Peregrine Hall when we next visit Cornwall & would highly recommend it to anyone. I thought that it was excellent value for money & hands down beat a B&B set up.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Vicstick77
Reviewed 6 June 2013

The biggest plus points were definitely the flexibility (you can choose your number of nights and arrival day to suit) and the fact that I was offered a discount since I was staying by myself. In a world of single supplements this was a rare treat!

The hall is in a beautiful setting, with some lovely gardens to wonder around and a pool to relax in (though it was too cold for it to be open when I was there) but there is a big notice up forbidding 'lone bathing' so I couldn't have made use of it anyhow - maybe that's why I got the discount!

It would have been nice to have internet access as I was in Cornwall for a course and, some evenings, it would have been nice to just sit in and get on with some work rather than go out and hunt for a connection. I did pick up a signal in Chapel Cottage, but was told by the owner that they weren't allowed to share it due to new legislation (never heard this one before).

It's just on the outskirts of the lovely village of Lostwithiel. It's an easy walk to the pub of an evening, but a steep hill back and you need a torch.

Comfy bed, pretty well equipped kitchen, well maintained if a little dated. Not bad value all in.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank KPiG
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I booked a chapel cottage for four nights from Friday to Monday. My reason for visiting Cornwall was to attend a jewellery course that ran over the weekend. Given the time of year that I went (24-27th August with a Bank Holiday Monday), I was impressed at the price of staying here; it is cheaper than the B&Bs and crappy Travel Lodge/Premier Inns (they're both the same anyway) and you can come and go as you please. They also have flexible booking with a minimum of a two-night stay.

There is enough car-parking for all the guests, the location is above the village of Lostwithiel in a really tranquil, pretty spot with the Eden Project, the Lost Gardens of Heligan and local amenities all close by. I was staying in 'Fountain' Chapel cottage and found it to be very clean, very cosy, with everything that I needed and with a massive chapel window. The bathroom is a little small but I'm a large lady and still found it comfortable to use.

The owners are very friendly and give you a little tour of the property; there is a footpath down to the village, a couple of ponds and an outside swimming pool. I am planning on doing another course in Cornwall and I really, really hope that I can stay here again. I am already recommending it to everyone I know! All in all, it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Elizabeth P
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I have been here 3 times and have booked again.. You can chose the days you want to stay for, with complete freedom (except not just 1 night!) I love the views (except Stable cottage), the peace, the walks at Lerryn, the beach at Porthkerris , Lanhydrock and lots of others. There is everything you might want in the way of equipment in the Chapel Cottages (and I guess in the others).
The bathroom is tiny but hey, it's a holiday home.....
never did find out how to get into the games room but I'm sure I could have found out if I'd really wanted to.
I expect I will keep going to this lovely place

Room Tip: If there are only 2 of you, one of the 3 bits of converted chapel are lovely, they have good views.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Clare A
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We stayed in "Fountain", one of the small "Chapel Cottages". The accommodation was well appointed with everything we needed, especially the comfy bed and lounge area! The bathroom was very small, but had a large shower and was adequate for our needs. It's lovely that there is a pool with a fabulous view, even though the weather prevented us using it more than once. The sauna and hot tub are a nice treat too. Plenty of kitchen equipment for home cooking, or the town isn't too far away (but we didn't try the walk!). All in all a relaxing and tranquil holiday spot.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple