“Will stay here again”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lostwithiel
Peregrine Hall in Lostwithiel
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I booked a chapel cottage for four nights from Friday to Monday. My reason for visiting Cornwall was to attend a jewellery course that ran over the weekend. Given the time of year that I went (24-27th August with a Bank Holiday Monday), I was impressed at the price of staying here; it is cheaper than the B&Bs and crappy Travel Lodge/Premier Inns (they're both the same anyway) and you can come and go as you please. They also have flexible booking with a minimum of a two-night stay.

There is enough car-parking for all the guests, the location is above the village of Lostwithiel in a really tranquil, pretty spot with the Eden Project, the Lost Gardens of Heligan and local amenities all close by. I was staying in 'Fountain' Chapel cottage and found it to be very clean, very cosy, with everything that I needed and with a massive chapel window. The bathroom is a little small but I'm a large lady and still found it comfortable to use.

The owners are very friendly and give you a little tour of the property; there is a footpath down to the village, a couple of ponds and an outside swimming pool. I am planning on doing another course in Cornwall and I really, really hope that I can stay here again. I am already recommending it to everyone I know! All in all, it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Elizabeth P

Reviewed 17 August 2012

I have been here 3 times and have booked again.. You can chose the days you want to stay for, with complete freedom (except not just 1 night!) I love the views (except Stable cottage), the peace, the walks at Lerryn, the beach at Porthkerris , Lanhydrock and lots of others. There is everything you might want in the way of equipment in the Chapel Cottages (and I guess in the others).
The bathroom is tiny but hey, it's a holiday home.....
never did find out how to get into the games room but I'm sure I could have found out if I'd really wanted to.
I expect I will keep going to this lovely place

Room Tip: If there are only 2 of you, one of the 3 bits of converted chapel are lovely, they have good views.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Clare A
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We stayed in "Fountain", one of the small "Chapel Cottages". The accommodation was well appointed with everything we needed, especially the comfy bed and lounge area! The bathroom was very small, but had a large shower and was adequate for our needs. It's lovely that there is a pool with a fabulous view, even though the weather prevented us using it more than once. The sauna and hot tub are a nice treat too. Plenty of kitchen equipment for home cooking, or the town isn't too far away (but we didn't try the walk!). All in all a relaxing and tranquil holiday spot.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JB_and_Amy
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We stayed for 7 nights in late September and found it to be an excellent base from which to see Cornwall. We stayed in Rose Cottage which was one of the converted Chapels. The whole place is very quiet and peaceful with no noise save for the birds, yet we were only a short 5 minute drive from Lostwithiel town.

A reasonable amount of space in our room which was well appointed throughout and had everything we needed. However,the lime/acocado green ensuite was small and desperately needs a complete makeover. Our bed was comfortable and the lounge area spacious for our needs. We would have liked to have had more time to spend wandering the gardens than we did. It was obviously once a very beautiful place and whilst the place has aged gracefully and was neat and tidy, the groumds do need a bit more love and care.

We would come back.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank verie
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We enjoyed this so much in 2009 we came back in 2011. Has great charm, is well furnished and comfortable with reasonably well equipped kitchen. Books on the bookshelves a Telly and a dvd for when it is raining. There is a conservatory with maps and information and a games room which we did not use or visit.
You can walk to Lostwithiel, which has a host of pubs and restaurants.
Handy for the Eden Project.
Try taking the train from Lostwithiel to St Ives.
It was too cold to use the swimming pool but if it were hotter there is one.
We have stayed in two of the three cottages in the old chapel. The bedroom is on an open mezzanine floor so it is cozy.
My only wish was for wi-fi access in the cottage or at least in the conservatory.

Room Tip: If you are a couple go for one of the Chapel cottages.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple