“Massive portions”

Ranked #7 of 61 Restaurants in Liskeard
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Dont be put off by the outside, as inside the food is great - very large portions. Staff couldn't have been more helpful. Plenty of parking too.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

My husband and I had our wedding lunch here and was fantastic. The staff were friendly and polite nothing was too much trouble. The food was amazing. We only ever go out for meals here. Would highly recommend this establishment.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

This pub is perfect for those wanting to get out of the cold and cosy up by a gorgeous real fire and enjoy rustic surroundings whilst easting a good old portion of traditional pub grub. Generous portions, tasty and all served with a smile. This is just a lovely place to unwind, feel part of a community and fill your tummy. Good range of meat, veggie and fish, moderately priced and swiftly served. Recommended for anyone. The day we went it had been snowing and they were short staffed and the landlord was cooking and the landlady was doing everything else by the look of it - with a smile and making multi-tasking look easy. Well done.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Ate here as part of a party of 10. We picked the place because of the very extensive menu, and because of the excellent reviews on here and it fully lived up to expectations. The clincher for me was the choice of 3 savoury suet puddings and the steak and kidney one that I devoured was an absolute triumph. Really well made, a generous size, and covered with lashings of home made steak and kidney gravy. I'm drooling now a week on just thinking about it. 10 completely empty plates tells you all you need to know about the food here.........

The service was excellent too and nothing was too much trouble for the pub staff. We will definitely return next time we are in the area. Bill was £120 for the entire party including some drinks so excellent value for money. I would have awarded the Cheesewring 10 out of 5 if I could have

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Met some friends with my mate, to celebrate their wedding anniversary. A stunning setting, with breathtaking views from a high point and Sheep wandering around. A fine pub, cosy, with locals and their dogs at the bar, as well as loyal customers and some tourists like me! The menu was proper pub food and along with a fine selection if Ales, all the meals, such as as steak and Ale pie were so detectably freshly cooked. The waitress and bar staff were excellent, so polite, attentive and friendly. A very welcoming establishment in a wonderful setting.