“Celebration lunch”

Ranked #2 of 63 Restaurants in Liskeard
Price range: US$25 - US$53
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Tapenades we offer a selection of Cornish Fish, Meat and Vegetarian dishes from the a la carte menu which changes with each season. Sourcing Local produce where possible and preparing each dish fresh allowing the opportunity for our guests to swap the appropriate courses around. Each booking has the luxury of taking their time as only one sitting is taken per night and booking is recommended. Proud to host the Liskeard Rotary club on every Wednesday and only shut on Tuesdays means the restaurant is available to book 5 days of the week from Thursday to Monday inclusive. Private Lunches of 10 or more are also available. Ring for details.
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Mike and Sue opened the restaurant just for us to hold a family lunch. Great set menu that was agreed in advance. Well organised and we were treated to a lovely meal.
I had pate. Lovely
Steak wellington. My favourite
Cheese board.

Well done guys you did a great job as always

1  Thank MrCV1971

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely time. Great service. Place had a lovely vibe and felt homely but at the same time classy. Mike was a great host. Food was delicious, I had scallops as a starter and my fiancée had game terrine. Both delicious. Then a lovely lemon sorbet palate cleanser, really nice. I had chicken and she had the rack of lamb. For dessert I had trio of sorbet and she had creme brûlée. Again both amazing. Not a cheap place but the food was excellent, service was lovely and ambience really what I was looking for and therefore well worth the money. Able to relax easily which was great. Would heartily recommend and would love to visit again!

1  Thank Ben C
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Tapenades always put on a great family meal for a special occasion. We’ve had a bunch of family meals there over the years. Sue and Mike are a great team, very personable and the food is always excellent. I especially recommend the beef wellington and the creme brûlée but everything we’ve had has been great.

1  Thank Simon J
Reviewed 21 March 2018

It took us four years of trips to Cornwall to try this restaurant, but we were glad we finally did last week in spite of the snow conspiring to stop us!
Its quite a small restaurant run by Mike and his wife for the past 13 years, which says something, although there's not much (if any) competition in Liskeard town! There are obviously a lot of regulars on a Sunday evening when lots of places aren't even open. Quiet almost indistinct music playing and tables reasonably spaced.
We got a friendly greeting, and sat on sofas with the menus and a drink to choose. The menu has a good and interesting range, with a bias towards fish and seafood, but also some vege options, and some daily specials.
All the courses were good, including a very smooth lemon sorbet after the starter. Nicely cooked scallops starter and rack of lamb main (both easily ruined dishes), although my wife thought the venison special was a bit overdone but by no means unacceptable. We shared a pudding as we'd eaten too much already, but the Cornish Bread and butter pudding and whiskey marmalade sauce was a highlight.
Prices are top end for this sort of restaurant, but when there's no competition locally I guess they can be and we don't mind paying for decent quality! Wine list quite reasonably priced. Overall a very nice experience, recommended!

1  Thank Gardenlodger
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Myself and my wife come here on special occasions,on this visit my wife had fresh Cornish sardines for starters which was so fresh and the best tasting sardines she has ever tasted.Main course she had Newlyn cod loin in a Parmesan and shallot breadcrumbs which tasted sublime and for dessert she had the trio of sorbet.I had the hand dived scallops with a winter root puree for starters,the scallops just melted in my mouth,for the main course i had the Dover sole which tasted like heaven so fresh,and for dessert i had the westcounrty cheese platter.Mike and Sue and the rest of the team looked after us so well.This is a first rate place to eat,there is no hassle,no rush,your table is yours for the entire evening and the service and food is first class.

1  Thank Marcus K