“Stuck in the 90’s”

Flambards Theme Park
Ranked #10 of 30 things to do in Helston
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I can’t see much having changed at all since I last visited Flambards in the 90’s. Although remembering it with such fondness and remembering the exact same park through the eyes of a child somewhat sways my review.

The Victorian museum and blitz exhibition are great still, though it’s sad to see the horses wearing out!

As the park was fairly quiet we got around the rides and museum quite quickly. I was shocked to see all the same rides there as when I was younger. But regardless, the 11 year old I took seemed to enjoy himself just as I used to.

The staff throughout the park seemed cheerful, the man working on the gate was particularly helpful, chatting away to customers and greeting them with a smile.

I’d recommend the park for 10 years and under really, there is not much for teens. The rides at the park are mostly fairground style rides, suitable for young ones.

1  Thank Scramblecat
FlambardsHelston, Manager at Flambards Theme Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you for visiting Flambards and for taking the time to post a review - we do appreciate the feedback. I'm glad your child enjoyed the day out.

Richard Smith

Write a ReviewReviews (1,820)
All reviews
in 22 reviews
"great family day"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit. The first was around 5 years ago and nothing seems to have changed.

The car park is disgusting. The access roads are more pothole than road. You’d think that with the amount it costs to get in, which was more than £90 for 4 adults and an 8 year old, they’d be able to fix up the roads and the car park.

We had a wait of 15-20 minutes to get in and there were only 5 or so families in front of us. Once we got to the front of the queue we realised it was because the staff had to enter every single Tesco Clubcard Coupon code manually. No idea whose fault this was but it was incredibly annoying. They also only had half the kiosks open in the Easter holidays.

I have to say the staff we met were all incredibly friendly, polite and smiley!

The Victorian Village and Britain in the Blitz sections were very good and really interesting. Plenty to see and think about.

The rest of the park however looks very tired and dated. There are some thrill rides and some for smaller children but it just looks like the owners aren’t reinvesting anything on the park and are pocketing the very expensive entrance fees.

I doubt I’d go again.

2  Thank Phoenixm34

Thank you for visiting Flambards and for taking the time to feedback your comments - we do appreciate the feedback.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience of the Tesco Clubcard coupons - it's a new system from Tesco but we have spoken to them to look at ways to speed the process up.

In response to your comments regarding the carpark. The carpark has several underground springs. The whole exit road was re-laid at the end of last season but the extreme weather has caused severe deterioration over the winter. The owners do re-invest each year, with Skyforce ride being introduced last year.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Despite some quite negative reviews, we think this entertainment park is perfect for a few hours of entertainment. We took four young teens, and we warned them that it wouldn’t be like Chessington or Thorpe Park, and actually they thoroughly enjoyed themselves for 5 hours! I think we got lucky re:weather and no. of people. We also really liked the exhibitions such as the Victorian village, Concorde etc. Took our own picnic and so saved on food and drink. Only criticism is they could do with a bigger indoor play area - don’t really understand why there’s a separate one of these next door - for wet weather. Also, it’s true, a few of the rides are a bit rickety and the log flume was closed, but hey ho. Staff were pleasant, and it was all clean and tidy.

Date of experience: April 2018

Thank you for visiting Flambards and I'm pleased to hear that your teenagers enjoyed the day out.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We were not sure about visiting the park as it seemed a bit of a trip and also quite expensive, so very glad we do! A mix of rides for all ages, though many were very “spiny” so pack your sea legs! Staff were friendly and the exhibits were amazing just sad we ran out of time! We will come back and spend more time in the exhibits!

Date of experience: April 2018

Thank you for visiting Flambards - I do hope you'll get time to come back soon and visit the indoor attractions.
Best wishes,

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We thought it might rain so went to Flambards. Don’t be put off by the entrance, right next to a massive Sainsburys and “potholey” carpark. Lovely welcome and LOADS to do. Not too big, so my 3 year old managed to walk all of it. We were there from 11 ish to 430pm and filled the whole day, despite the rain. Indoor and outdoor activities (we LOVED the Tugboat and carousel), husband loved the skyrocket and the large circular ride in the centre. Science show was great, and the Victorian Street and Britain the Blitz were absolutely wonderful.

Although we liked the indoor spaceship ride we thought it could do with better lights and we thought food was a bit pricey although it was delicious - burgers (yummy).

Thank you to the smiley people that were there, in the pouring rain, frozen to the bone.

1  Thank MrsMills17

Thank you for visiting Flambards and I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed the day out with us. The team will appreciate the feedback as it wasn't the nicest Easter to be manning the rides so glad that you found everyone to be in good spirits. Hope you get a chance to return in better weather.

Best wishes,