“On the beach dining”

Ranked #23 of 67 Restaurants in Hayle
Cuisines: British, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The pub is having a refresh for 2014 with a brand new kitchen fitted in and a front of house refurbishment. It has a lovely grassy terrace with views over the atlantic. Our menu is offering a bright,comfortable and relaxing environment where the whole family can get together for drinks, breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

We parked on the pub's car park so we could go to the beach. This is one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been on. Before we returned back to the car we grabbed a quick bite at the Bluff Inn. Food was great and we had a wonderful view of the beach. Toilets however were a bit grim, no loo roll in the ladies and the gents had a distinct shallow end and a deep end.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

This venue is located right on the beach front and provides outstanding views of the Celtic sea. We were fortunate enough to visit on a day when the weather was fantastic.

This venue also provides a very good play area for the children whilst waiting for their food to arrive. There was a large array of seating options available (both indoors and outdoors). The pub itself was well decorated, clean and welcoming.

We choose to sit indoors to avoid the threat from seagulls. This was a real threat as the seagulls did indeed attack any non guarded plate.

The menu was very good with a positive range of choices/options available. We choose the nachos, linguine, lasagne and wraps.

The food was excellent and reasonably priced. This venue also provides breaks and lunch options.

Ultimately this venue would not exist without the Haven Caravan Site (as it is not close to any major village etc). However, it is definitely worth a visit if you really indeed staying in this location.

One key tip, the sharers section on the menu (although being located right below
the starters), is not actually a starter and is in fact a main meal. Our nachos sharer was suppose to be a starter but arrived at the same time as our main meal. It was delicious however.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

I don’t give 1* reviews. I eat out a lot. I work in this industry. I have never had an experience this poor.

A good friend and myself decided to come for lunch considering previous good visits last summer and lush views. We were greeted and served by a young lad. Kieran maybe? He was a saint and so polite etc! We both ordered a latte, a Diet Coke. My friend ordered pulled pork chips and I ordered a pulled pork hot dog. We paid and sat, pretty much in front of the bar in an empty restaurant. Also right In front of the two girls ‘working’ wandering around, some in uniform some not, one girl with her hair down despite dealing with food and drinks and coming out of an office or back room eating every 5 mins.

My coke was flat, I know the co2 is short but we were not warned of that or I would of ordered something else.

After 5 minutes my friends pulled pork fries came out. 40 minutes after this my meal had still not arrived, I had enough, I gave them a chance to pick up on it. No staff had the knowledge to recognise there was only one person eating. I asked to cancel my food and informed them I never received my latte and my coke was flat.

The girl who served me was apologetic, but confused as how to offer a refund. I asked to speak to a manager and she informed me that they were left without a manager or supervisor on shift front of house. wow.

I don’t think I have enough effort to carry on faulting this place. But that topped it off. We left straight away thinking god help them if the place was to set on fire right now without management on shift.

We won’t be returning.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Arrived for evening meal with family after 7pm and spent over £150 only to come out and find a £100 parking ticket on car: this pub is in middle of nowhere and looks like any normal pub car park: to make it pay and display is a bulsit way of scamming tourists. We are here for a whole week: you’ve lost a whole week of custom from us

3  Thank jo-kennedy
Reviewed 16 July 2018

A good little pub with good food, average prices and an amzing garden with fabulous views, and on the back from the beach !