“Little things make a difference”

Bucket of Blood Pub
Ranked #20 of 67 Restaurants in Hayle
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated between two popular holiday parks in Hayle, Cornwall. We have a great blend of tourists and locals alike. Children and dogs are welcome. Great beer on offer and very tasty homemade pub grub served everyday.
Reviewed 3 October 2018

The meal we had here was good in portion size and was good food. What let it down for me was the tartar sauce to accompany my scampi was in those plastic tubes that you need to tear open. I have arthritis in my fingers and this is almost impossible. I also like to dip into a sauce and this was impossible. Little things make a big difference

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Made to feel very welcome. Food was excellent. Best pub meal I've had for a while.Best to book table in advance.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

After nights and nights eating junk food it is lovely to finally find a place that does good real food right. I can recommend the chicken curry. You must book as this is very popular. Only problem if you are over 5ft8 then you will hit your head on the ceiling so be warned!!

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Loved visiting this small friendly pub! Steak and ale pie was seriously the best we’ve ever had with melt in your mouth chunks of steak that numbered more than three with not a hint of fatty grizzle - delicious! Was a bit busy but managed to get a table. A note to tall folk.... my hubbie had to keep his head down as ceiling is well close but ok for us hobbit sized folk!! A great wee visit to the quirkiest named pub in the area!

Reviewed 17 September 2018

This is a pubgrub pub - don't go if you expect anything fancier. It is a lovely cosy little pub between holiday parks. We go every time we're in Cornwall and highly recommend it! It has lovely ales and cider on tap and the food is simple but tasty. Staff have always be friendly when we visit and be sure to book - it is full no matter when you go!