“Lovely spot for a cream tea”
Review of Hilltop Farm Shop

Hilltop Farm Shop
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Camelford
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Here at Hilltop we have a Farm Shop & Restaurant set in a garden area with pretty views of the Cornish Countryside. Parking, toilet facilities, disabled access, Wi-fi and an undercover outside seating area to make your visit even more relaxing.
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We had visited the Cornwall at War museum at Davidstow and asked Steve where he would recommend we could get a cake and coffee. He told us to go to Hill Top. What a lovely find on a damp afternoon. We opted for the winter cream tea. Apple and cinnamon scones with blackberry jam and clotted cream with a lovely pot of tea. On leaving also purchased to take away a couple of slices of egg custard tart which were delicious. Steve recommended their cooked breakfast too so we may well be back!

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

My fiancé and dropped in for a bite to eat at lunch. We'd heard it had new owners and that it was much improved. The cafe area although small is light and tastefully decorated and feels welcoming. The menu choice is thorough and seems to cater for most things. The cooked breakfast my fiancé had looked and tasted delicious. Every component of it was spot on! I had the quiche and salad with chips. Nice size portion and the taste was great. It would have been nice to have the quiche hot. The salad was small and had no dressing on but did have an accompaniment of coleslaw, and on all the tables were plenty of condiments. The cakes looked amazing and I was going to have a slice but was too full up already. My green tea was the best I've ever had. Loose green tea in a cafetière. The staff were polite, friendly , helpful and attentive. Think they've managed to update the premises and change the image. We look forward to visiting again. All the local produce is a nice touch too. Their themed Italian menu looked nice too. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Best Farm Shop breakfast in the area. Nuff said. Eggs were perfect, good quality produce and a good selection of items available in the shop.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We stopped at Hilltop farm shop for lunch. As I am something of a pasty connoisseur, my choice of order was already made. However, when I saw 'wild mushroom cheese on toast' on the menu, I made a rare swerve away from the pasty (also available) and plumped for that. I was very glad I did because what I received was not cheese on toast with a sprinkling of fried mushrooms but two slices of crisp, granary toast, buttered and heaped with an exquisitely savoury mix of wild mushrooms. The cheese - a full and mature cheddar - was not overlaid in a slab but had been grated and mixed through the mushrooms so that they were sticky with a thin sheen of melted cheese. Absolutely wonderful - I don't usually expect such a gourmet treat when stopping for a quick snack lunch.
The rest of the family variously ate cakes, scones or other savoury snacks, all of which were excellent.
Service was bright and friendly and the room light, airy and cheerful.
Prices were very modest.
Highly recommended.

Gary D, Owner at Hilltop Farm Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thank you for such a lovely review, we are so glad you enjoyed your meal and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Food and service both fantastic, quick and with a lovely friendly waitress. A plus for us as the cafe is dog friendly. Excellent value for money too.