“Perfect Idyllic Retreat!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Patio area
Patio area from private seating area
Kitchen
Sitting room
Double bedroom (king size bed)
Double bedroom
Bathroom
Swing seat in garden
Aerial photo of property
Ruin in garden with seating, great for drinks, BBQ or take a book!
Seating area in barn
Annexe with extra accommodation. Please enquire for quote, if required.
Bed in annexe. Please enquire for quote, if required,
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Caz W
“Perfect Idyllic Retreat!”
Reviewed 17 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We had a fab week at the beautiful Sherwell cottage! The photos do not do this place justice. Tracey and Peter were warm and welcoming and gave us lots of ideas of what to go and see/do! Saying that, the cottage and grounds are so pretty, you do not feel like you need to go anywhere! It is so peaceful listening to the birds, cows in the fields nearby and the trickling stream which runs down the side of the cottage... I'll miss waking up to that. We brought our 3 dogs with us and they loved running free in the garden!

The cottage itself is homely, clean and tastefully decorated. The beds are super comfy and all the rooms are spacious. The land around has lots of lovely little spots to sit, relax and unwind. We also enjoyed the rustic barn you can sit in up the field and watch the sunset and look across the valley....lovely views!

THANK YOU for helping us make the week special for my mums 60th!

Sunshine2...
“Fabulous cottage, beautiful setting”
Reviewed 5 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

My husband and I visited at the end of May with my parents, sister and ten month old son. And our dog! The pictures do not do this beautiful cottage justice. It's a perfect cottage with everything a family could need and the grounds are stunning. We loved it, as did our dog!! Tracey and her husband (the owners) live just next door in their own amazing house but you wouldn't know they were there unless you need something, in which case they could not be more helpful! I cannot recommend this cottage enough. Just book it and see for yourselves! Absolutely perfect!

suewoolls
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT!!”
Reviewed 4 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

My Husband & I along with my daughter Maxine ,Michelle Lee, and baby George and dog all stayed for one relaxing week.And what a welcome we received.It was really sad to leave the cottage ,I recommend it to anyone who may be thinking about a holiday in Cornwall.Thank You again Tracey. We will see you again .

Your age range 50-64
Management Response
4 Jun 2017
Thanks for your kind words. I hope your journey home was trouble free and hope to see you again.
Best wishes, Tracey and Peter
andy_lefe...
Great Dunmow, United Kingdom
“Wonderful comfortable cottage in a fabulous valley setting”
Reviewed 25 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Sherwell cottage formed an excellent bass from which to walk the Tamar valley trails and to retire to in the evenings where, a lovely log fire in the lounge wood burner or drinking wine in the barn loft watching the sun set was a great way to end the day. Very friendly owners who made us feel very welcome with home made cake, beer and wine on arrival. Would definitely try to book this cottage again should we ever go back to this area of the country.

amandakst...
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful calm and comfortable retreat after Christmas period.”
Reviewed 15 February 2017 for a stay in January 2017

My husband and I came away for a week in the country after a very busy family-and-friends Christmas.
Sherwell Cottage was wonderful. We were always warm and comfortable. The beds were fantastic, and we appreciated having a spacious and well appointed bathroom for showers and my nightly soak.
The kitchen was well provided and arranged and we used all the appliances at one point or another. It was great to have real coffee every morning courtesy of the Nespresso machine!! Everything was so well thought-through - it really showed. We also appreciated the decorative touches - great bed linens and cushions, and the brilliant whimsical set of painted mirrors on the stairs. Every evening we enjoyed relaxing with a fire in the log burning stove - fabulous.
We know the area, and despite not-great January weather we had good days in Padstow and Tavistock (Cornish Arms food and atmosphere excellent) and we pleased to rediscover RHS Rosemore after a gap of many years (a great da out, and good food too). We shall return as soon as possible. Great value and a grea stay.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing