Stayed here for just one night as a friend was celebrating his birthday near by.
The hotel was easy enough to find (i drove up), and first impressions of the property were good. a modern and stylish, yet typical airport, hotel.
At checkin i had to wait for 5 minutes as they were quite busy, however the receptionist made eye contact with us, indirectly informing us she knew of our presence and would assist us when she had the chance, which was nice.
To our delight we were upgraded to the HH floor and a very nice, spacious room with adequate space and a modern and chic bathroom with all the essential amenities. I did enjoy the room and the bed was very comfortable.
That evening, we decided to dine at the hotel. The Hilton Heathrow had 3-4 dining options however we decided to go for the buffet/a la carte restaurant. Personally i wanted to eat a steak. The restaurant manager (a tall italian gentleman, who was excellent and attentive throughout our dinner) kindly infomed us anything ordered from the a la carte menu would take minimum 30-40minutes to cook as it is prepared fresh. fair enough, but 30-40minutes? im sure the majority of guests would not be happy waiting such a long time for their dinner. As we were in a rush we went for the buffet option. Food was nothing special but decent. a nice variety but as the food had been pre cooked for the buffet, it didnt taste 100% fresh.
On the day i arrived it had been snowing heavily, the concierge kindly ordered a taxi for us which took us to my friends party (in a near-by pub). in the early hours when the party finished, the pub staff informed us there was no more taxis due to the adverse weather conditions and if we were to order a taxi it would take a considerable amount of time. People started to panic. i called the concierge at the Hilton and informed him we were guests at the hotel and he arranged a taxi for us within 10 minutes. Excellent customer service and its great to see the Hilton takes responsibility for the safety and security of their guests.
Breakfast the following day had all the essentials however i had to wait at least 10minutes for 'veggie sausages' and 'hash browns' which was a slight nuisance.
Checkout was friendly and efficient.
Overall a good stay, the hotel deserves its * rating and if i am in the area i would consider staying at the Hilton Heathrow again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only Heathrow Airport hotel with direct access to Terminal 4 via a covered walkway. For connections to and from Terminal 5 the hotel recommends guests use the Hotel Hoppa service for a small charge. Guests can also take the Heathrow Connect free tain service to all of the terminals at Heathrow. The Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel is 20 minutes by train from central London. Dine in style at a choice of 3 restaurants, relax in the swimming pool or work out in the 24hr Gym offering Fitness by Precor. Business Centre services and an Executive Lounge. Free wifi is available in all public areas of the hotel and this makes the Hilton London Heathrow ideal for business guests. Meetings for up to 350 people can be held. Hotel Rooms: 398. Hotel Chain: Hilton Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton London Heathrow Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Heathrow Airport Hotel Hounslow
- Hilton Hotel Hounslow
- Hilton Hounslow
- Hounslow Hilton
- Hilton London Heathrow Airport Hounslow, Greater London