“Disappointing”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 18 August 2017

I suspect that time and day play a large part in the differing reviews. We went on a Friday at 12.30a.m. and had to wait 15 mins for chips that even then weren't fully cooked. The batter was soggy, though the fish was tender and moist. Nottingham is the furthest city from the sea but our local is better than this by a long shot. There was only one other customer when we arrived, although during our wait the shop filled up. By contrast the "traditional fish and chips" shop on the sea front was the perfect catch!

1  Thank woollyhead2016
There are newer reviews for Audrey's Fish & Chips

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Been in for lunch today. Really quick and efficient service, good food and what stood out to me most of all was how polite and friendly the front of house staff were. Really impressed.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Nice fish and chips and good service very helpful staff when we asked if the curry sauce was vegetarian . Can't understand the poor reviews as we had a lovely meal and service

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

I went in with my partner and my daughter on a Saturday afternoon, when arrived the staff were very rude and quite annoying infact, my daughter asked for a drink of coke, to indeed get a flat drink of cheap cola that was flat out of a bottle you keep in the fridge? I had to ask for a can from the takeaway next door as it was undrinkable. The fish and chips then arrived, to all of our disappointment of it having skin on the bottom and i noticed everyone else eating was leaving it too... no where does it say that is has skin on, the chips came cold and tasted like that cheap oil and the bread and butter was the cheapest most lousy bread and butter i have ever tasted.

1  Thank ralph j
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Not the best as described. I'd say average.
.... we wouldn't go back if we were in Bridlington again. Audreys are very proud of the awards they have received in the past they need to try to live up to there reputation.

1  Thank lovedaysout2017