“Day out in Bridlington ”

Audrey's Fish & Chips
Ranked #76 of 213 Restaurants in Bridlington
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Not the best as described. I'd say average.
.... we wouldn't go back if we were in Bridlington again. Audreys are very proud of the awards they have received in the past they need to try to live up to there reputation.

1  Thank lovedaysout2017
There are newer reviews for Audrey's Fish & Chips

Reviewed 4 August 2017

The Bridlington Free Press has a banner outside claiming 'Audrey's' is the best fish and chip shop in Bridlington.
We would certainly disagree with this claim.
Despite both the fish and the chips were freshly fried, the chips were undercooked as was the battered fish which looked 'anaemic', i.e. not the golden brown one would expect and not at all crispy.
Overall, an experience not to be repeated especially as they are at the high end of pricing.

1  Thank Ummagumma515Yorks
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We always looked forward to visiting Audrey's for lovely fish and chips, good service and an immaculately clean place! 100% disappointment on all levels this time! In spite of the new downstairs eating area the whole experience was poor from first entering the cafe!
As there were 5 adults and a baby we had to sit at 2 separate tables (although, were it my cafe I would have offered to put 2 tables together as there was room)
Asked for baby high chair - greasy so asked for it and one of the tables to be wiped as it was still dirty from previous patrons! The waitress said I will get someone to come clean it, whilst she proceeded to take our order! Another waitress came with drinks and put the teapot and milk on our table, I asked if she could get the other table cleaned as it was still dirty and she proceeded to put the cups on the dirty table and shouted for someone to come wipe it! Another girl came and smudged a wet cloth on the dirty bit only! We were then asked to pay for our meal!
We then waited 15-20 mins for our food, which I find rather a long wait in a working fish and chip shop! By which time our tea was stone cold!
Fish was stringy and did not not come anywhere near to the usual standard I would expect! Chips and mushy peas were acceptable! Bread and butter was not cut in half and just thrown on plate!
I felt that Audrey's staff gave the impression that 'we don't have to try we have awards! You should feel privileged to eat here!'
Perhaps you need to stop paying your staff peanuts and train them properly as they had as much get up and go as a dead donkey!
Won't be back you've shot yourselves in the foot! One of the worst customer service I've seen in a long time!
Beverley family

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Looking for fish and chip restaurant in Brid where we could sit down inside . Found Audrey's just a street back from marina . Our lucky day . The fish was excellent the chips were perfect the mushy peas were spit on . Staff friendly and efficient . Would I go back ? Would love to.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

When at sea side I love fish and chips. We decided on this place as I saw banner outside saying best fish and chip shop. I had the Jumbo fish chips and mushy peas my wife had the 3 sausages chips and curry sauce both came with bread and butter. The menu has a great selection and also children's menu.
The food came and the fish was gorgeous and my wife commented on how nice the chips were.
If you ever in briddlington and need somewhere to eat try here. They have a seating area upstairs as well as down. Very clean and very good service.
All freshly cooked and very tasty.