“Beautiful Indian Restaurant”

Ranked #8 of 362 Restaurants in Barnsley
Price range: US$20 - US$33
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: We are Barnsley's only authentic Kashmiri Indian restaurant, serving traditional Kasmiri cuisine in a warm friendly environment. Our team of internationally acclaimed chefs really do push the boundaries.Whether you decide to dine in our restaurant or have your food delivered to your door, we aim to please. We serve a vast array of soft drinks and mocktails and customers are welcome to bring alcohol in moderation ( maximum 2 bottles of wine or equivalent per four paying guests). You've tried the rest now try the best.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

While on holiday from Australia my cousin (Steve Caddick) brought me here for a curry (Sun 19 March) and it was one of the best meals (Chicken Madras) that I have ever had.
We were greeted warmly by the owner and he couldn't do enough to make us feel happy and comfortable with everything concerned.
Definitely will visit there when i visit England (Barnsley) again in 3yrs time.
Very happy and i strongly recommend people to visit when in the Barnsley area!

1  Thank Lee B
Abbey K, Manager at Alams Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for your review, I am really glad you enjoyed your evening with us. I will hold you to your next visit when you return to Barnsley. It was great meeting you and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We ate here last night for the first time. The waiter (owner?) greeted us warmly and shook our hands.
Poppudoms and pickle tray were nice and tasty. I really enjoyed my prawn puree. Main courses and garlic bread were lovely. Nice place, will return.

1  Thank CupcakeW
Abbey K, Manager at Alams Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for your review and kind words , I am glad you enjoyed your first visit to Alams Lounge and hope it’s the start of many more to come. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Quality food with a nice atmosphere and good all round service . For me and my wife it's the best Indian food in a twenty mile radius.the beauty about this restaurant is you can take your own drinks which keeps your cost down ( plus you drink what you want to drink)..

1  Thank BryanM2476

Thank you for taking the time to review Alams Lounge. I am glad you continue to enjoy your experiences with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Excellent service, great food and bring your own wine 5 star all around... the staff are friendly and knowledgeable.... can’t wait to come back

Abbey K, Manager at Alams Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review Alams Lounge, I am glad you enjoyed your date night with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Delicious food. Excellent service and great atmosphere . Thank you everyone at Alams . We will see you again soon

Thank you for your review, your kind words and support are a great morale booster for our team. Glad you enjoyed your evening with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.