“Get to this place NOW!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2016

This was an amazing carnivorous experience, and I can't recommend it highly enough if you love ribs, steak, and hamburgers! My son and I had the baby back ribs, which were excellent! I've not had ribs that good in such a long time. My wife had the ribeye, which she enjoyed but she was envious of the ribs :) My older son had some sort of colossus of a burger, whose name was something like "Lazy Boy" or "Bad Boy". Both boys then had pudding: some sort of waffle and fantastic icecream covered in chocolate sauce and the other had a brownie with the same gorgeous vanilla icrecream and chocolate sauce (the adults were allowed some samples, and we preferred the waffle construction!).

The place is interesting as well to sit in and take in the people enjoying themselves and the wait staff were great -- good senses of humour and excellent service.

After a long hike in the peaks, it was the perfect end to a Sunday, and as one other reviewer said, it's a perfect alternative to a Sunday roast.

We left very full and very happy and hoping to return very soon!

Reviewed 8 October 2016

Had a lovely meal here with my wife, son and future daughter-in-law
We ate prawns,stuffed chillies and wings for starters. All were excellent
Main courses included slow cooked brisket and pulled pork. My son enjoyed a delicious Steak.
All in all a tasty well cooked meal was had by all.
Will we return ? I believe so
The atmosphere was busy and eclectic. Couples sat next to excited families. A very pleasant restaurant.
The decor is almost "Northern Quarter" With touches of " Industrial" with bare metal and planked walls but overall a good looking establishment

Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Four of us decided to go to Cockadoodlemoo for a Sunday lunch after a recommendation from a family member. We didn't have to make a reservation and were seated very quickly. The staff were friendly and helpful and we were big fans of the background music including The Offspring and Muse. We ordered a range of burgers and were all very satisfied. I was a big fan of the sweet potato fries and the giant cajun-spiced onion rings. It was just what we needed the day after attending a family wedding. If we end up back in the area, we would definitely go back to Cockadoodlemoo.

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Very friendly staff, Superb food.

We tried this place For having talked about going for a long time. So glad we finally went. The food was excellent and served quickly and the staff were very friendly.

Definitely returning for the Wednesday wing challenge

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Made a reservation here on the same day as we visited and luckily managed to get a table. The service is excellent and waiters/waitresses friendly.
The menu has a great variety of food and to start we had the meat nachos to share - they were delicious with a perfect proportion of toppings.
For the main course we both went for burgers which came perfectly cooked and tasted divine - the only thing I was sad about was not being able to finish it!
We both took home an Oreo milkshake to finish off the food coma which was as equally divine.
Service was really quick regardless of the fact we visited on a Friday evening. The only thing I could suggest had room for improvement is that our seat right by the bar didn't have much of an atmosphere.
I recommend this place highly!