Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$55
Expedia.comUS$53
PricelineUS$54
eDreamsUS$55
Trip.comUS$57
HurbUS$57
1,809 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 June 2020

Bad Things At The Start

No milk for my tea
Nobody had cleaned the window sill in weeks
Some marks / exposed screws in places
Loo constantly flushing - broken mechanism- I tried and failed to fix
Hair dryer attached to wall in no room - no mirror in the room
No code for WiFi

GOOD STUFF
linen clean
Room overall clean and fresh
Bathroom pretty good - refurbished fairly recently
Lights bright
£40 a night
New receptionist friendly and polite

It’s a cheap place to stay.

Think about it
£40 paid
20% VAT goes to the government £8
18% goes to the online booking site if you used one.£7.2
£24.80 is left
Then the room needs heat, light and I guess rent
It needs linen, tea, coffe, toiletries, someone to clean it etc.
I bet that’s at least £15 per room
Leaving less than £10

So I think I had good value

I would stay again

Date of stay: June 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank RanjitMuu
Reviewed 16 March 2020

I probably should have read the reviews before booking, but as I was trying to save some money, I thought for I’d go for something cheaper than a Travelodge. On the first night I was kept up all night be a constant loud dripping noise from inside the walls, so I asked to move to a different room the next day. The receptionist did not ask why, he just changed the rooms for me, this speaks volumes as he clearly knows how bad the rooms are. This is an absolutely disgusting hotel. Old fashioned and VERY dirty!!! All the wallpapers are stained in the corridors and in the rooms. The carpets are stained and dirty too. Bed sheets were dirty with black marks on them and the pillows were firm and the mattress was very hard. There was blood on the shower curtains and the bath had hair and other sticky looking substance in it, I dread to think what this was - so I could not wash. The first room did not even have any soap to wash hands!

Please, if you are reading this, do not book to stay at this hotel, you will regret it! There are over 800 1 star reviews, and yet the hotel does not seem to care about that as there is NO sign of any improvement in any part of the hotel.

I have attached several photos which shows only a small amount of dirt and issues I found in the two rooms I stayed in.

My advice is, spend the little bit extra and stay at a Travelodge or a Premier inn, both of which are nearby and outshine this filthy hotel by a long way.

I will not be returning and I will be requesting a full refund.

1  Thank MavicMatt
Reviewed 13 March 2020

Me And My Partner Spent 4 Nights Here With This Hotel Being Allocated To Us With The Coach Company We Were With.We Were Looking Forward To Our Time Away But The Coach Company Wouldn't Release The Name Of The Hotel And With Great Reason. We Looked At The Reviews And Thought We Would Make Judgement But By God The Reviews Weren’t Wrong. The Room Is Very Old And Dated, Carpet Filthy, Stains In The Bath, Stains in The Bathroom, Broken Button On The Toilet, Chip In The Sink And Mirror, Old Soap Was Still Left Instead Of A New One With Packaging. Not Enough Milk, Tea Or Coffee, Ourself's And Other Couples Had To Go To The Shop Over The Road. Asked For The Rooms To Be Cleaned Came Back From Being Out And There Was No Towels Left, little Toilet Roll And The Cups and Glasses Had Not Been Changed!. Moving Onto The Food The Breakfast Was Ok But Jesus The Evening Meal Needed A Prayer Saying Before You Entered The Dinner Room First Night Was The Worst Tomato Soup Was Available And The Smell Was Horrendous And Tasted Like A Child Had Been Sick. The Deserts Were Shop Bought And Were Frozen. Even The Locals Didn’t Have A Positive Comment To Say Even One Person Said Stay Away From the Swimming Pool. The Only Thing Positive To Come Out Of The Hotel Is LEAVING IT !

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sean019910
Reviewed 8 March 2020

If I could give this hotel a zero rating I would. Seriously the place is a complete junkyard!
The room me and Mum stayed in was filthy- curtains were hanging down off the curtain rails, draws didn’t shut properly, lots of stains on surfaces, cracks in the bath that were filled with a grey filler when the bath was white and to top it off the radiator was on but the dial to turn it off was completely broken so the room was sweltering! I asked reception twice to get someone to come to the room to fix this and it never happened so we had to move rooms to a different floor. The room we got moved to firstly stank something awful, and at night we got some people who sounded like they were drunk or on drugs trying to kick the door down and shouting for us to open our doors. We were very frightened and rang reception to get help, they said they would come but again nobody ever showed up! We didn’t feel safe here so we ended up leaving a nigh earlier than what we originally booked. What a joke. The service is terrible, the WiFi only operates on the ground floor which isn’t clearly described online, and when we got moved to the ground floor I tried to connect to the WiFi but it was such a weak connection I couldn’t get on it.
Do not stay here!

1  Thank Amy R
Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

I travel a lot for work and I have to say this hotel is probably up there as one of the worst most outdated places I’ve ever stayed. I’d say this place is beyond tlc and in need of demolition. Trying to find much more to sum up this so called hotel is impossible. You can’t polish a turd

1  Thank 917jamiet