“Always a pleasant place to go for a curry”
Review of Appayon

Appayon
Ranked #170 of 635 Restaurants in Stockport
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 10 January 2017

Have been using this restaurant for the last 4 or 5 years. Always friendly service and good food without the fuss and bubbles of other places in the area.

Good selection of food on the menu, I generally share a mixed started and popadoms with my kids, then curries with rice and naan breads. Staff are happy to tailor any dish to suit your own tastes.

Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

We visit here for a curry, another nice meal had here, we find this the best one in the area, and early bird/Sunday deal menu is on 7 days a week, bargain for what you get!

Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

Walked out without bothering to collect takeaway this evening, approached the bar and asked to collect, was ignored and had to stand around for several minutes whilst some swearing and debate went on between the manager and a staff member only about the distance of an undercooked onion Bhaji from me. Once the little 'not so private' tete-a-tete had finished; the manager then cracked on with pouring more drinks for customers rather than giving me eye contact and/or apologising. Rather than lose it with the beardy super ignorant manager I walked out (minus takeaway) and went to the purple pakora instead. Won't be returning again, shame as there are some decent staff in there however I don't need or expect to deal with an ignorant c£&:k at anytime especially when I was winding down on a Friday evening and looking forward to chowing down a takeaway. It's the second time I've experienced rudeness in this place, the first time beardy took exception to me standing near the empty bar whilst I was trying to get a child to sleep (to be clear there was no noise at this stage), apparently this was holding the frustrated massing hoards away from the bar potentially damaging profits.

1  Thank jason b
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Arrived at the Appayon after viewing I, Daniel Blake and the welcome was warm and pleasant, just what was needed after a very challenging film.Service was fine, just the right pace and then the food!!!
Possibly the freshest variety of food I have tasted in any restaurant for good while.
Subtle flavours in each of the shared three mains with the duck thaw taking the honours.
An informative chat with one of the staff, should have asked his name!, added to the very pleasant ambience.
Only a few other people dining that night so atmosphere was quiet.
Definitely on the cards for a repeat. Ironically after spending so many years frequenting Rusholme Rd for our "Indian" meals we now eventually find a very good Bangladeshi restaurant on our doorstep.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

My family and I often come here for the early bird special deal. The food here is fab and the staff are very friendly and helpful. We much prefer it to the Purple Pakora in Poynton.