Lowest prices for your stay
US$61
SAVE US$37
Expedia.comUS$60
PricelineUS$61
StayForLongUS$88
All reviews ncp car park railway station taxi rank great hotel iron and ironing board breakfast was included excellent stay beans air con good size manchester city centre great value for money business trip staff on reception cooked breakfast bed was comfortable self service
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 September 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 night whilst on a visit to Stockport. Checking in and getting to our room was great, everything explained, very friendly staff. Plenty of hand sanitisers in place which was good to see. Face masks were mandatory throughout the hotel except obviously in your room/ restaurant area when sat down.

We did have a problem with our shower which we notified the staff on reception about on our first morning but literally nothing was done about it - which was disappointing as I'd also tried calling reception with no answer.

Besides that, the room was good and spacious (family room) for 2 of us. There were suspicious stains on the floors and sofa which looks like coffee (hopefully), which is part and parcel of a hotel and a family room i guess.

Another down side was that the breakfast, although well thought out in principle, didn't really work for us. They were basically paper takeaway bags filled with different bits: orange, sausage sandwich, bread with jam, cheese, a yoghurt and a crossiant. I understand in the current climate why this was done but a buffet style would have be do-able if you provided everyone with their own wooden spatula and spoon to pick up food.

It would have reduced a lot of waste, we weren't asked if we had any allergies or were vegetarian/ vegan. There were not many options if you were either of this that we could see.

Overall - good hotel to stay in if you need to be by the station/ centre of Stockport as its very ideal. It was very quiet and had no complaints about noise! I'd definitely stay again with the hope that our next visit would be better.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carl Butterworth, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Stockport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2020

Dear rickhodgy56,

Thank you for your review. I was really disappointed to read some of your comments particularly about the issues with the shower, these should have been rectified straight away.

As for the breakfast offering we relooking at what we offer here and moving to more hot options hopefully from the 8th of October.

Delighted to see that you would stay again even from the problems you experienced!

Many Thanks

Reviewed 17 September 2020 via mobile

My partner and I arrived and was welcomed by the fantastic Jessica Meadows she is a credit to you couldn’t of been more helpful. My partner scraped his Lamborghini tyre on the route to hotel and she searched till she found one.

Top customer service with a smile

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carl Butterworth, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Stockport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2020

Dear leannemN9341MQ,

Thank you for your comments! I have passed on your thanks to Jessica, this is so pleasing to read as a general manager.

We hope that you got your car fully sorted out and functional!

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2020 via mobile

Arrived at 11pm, absolutely starving as there had been no food available at the airport. Man at reception was really helpful, got me checked in with ease and then helped to get me some food sorted, a delicious pepperoni pizza. Nothing too much bother for him - really great start to my stay. Rest of the stay went great. Breakfast provided each morning via a breakfast bag, which was really good. Definitely would recommend.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Carl Butterworth, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Stockport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2020

Dear James12456,

Thank you for placing your review about the hotel. Its great to hear that we got you sorted out with some food and made you feel welcome when you arrived. Great to hear that you enjoyed your bagged breakfast too which we have now added to with hot bacon or sausage sandwiches plus cereal and milk.

We do hope to welcome you back next time you require accommodation in the area.

Reviewed 15 June 2020

No breakfast provided despite 'A very good breakfast' being advertised with the booking. We asked was there a certain time to collect the grab-and-go breakfast whilst checking in, to be told "no, anytime" however upon going to collect in the morning we were asked if we had ordered it, and then that there was none left unless we wanted a croissant which we would have to wait for. This I thought was disgusting, after paying good money for a room that is supposed to include 'A very good breakfast' to be told none left and that apparently we needed to have ordered it, even though on check-in nothing was mentioned. A disappointing end to what would have been a great stay!!

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Carl B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stockport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2020

I am sorry that you feel your experience didn’t live up to your expectations, we take this seriously and I have investigated this with the team involved. I understand that breakfast was offered on check out at 11am, but declined.

Reviewed 11 June 2020 via mobile

I stayed here while on a work trip & what with the Covid 19 going on I couldn’t really rate it to the full potential as although food and drink is still available it’s not the same. The hotel is perfect in many ways and very clean! Rooms modern and quiet. Only thing I wasn’t keen on was two single beds pushed together! Although still super comfy. Good tv signal and really good WiFi.

Date of stay: June 2020

Dear Gavincoop,

Thank you for your comments and feedback about the hotel! We do hope to see you back soon!