Lowest prices for your stay
US$61
SAVE US$14
Expedia.comUS$60
PricelineUS$61
StayForLongUS$65
All reviews ncp car park railway station taxi rank great hotel iron and ironing board breakfast was included excellent stay beans air con good size manchester city centre great value for money business trip staff on reception cooked breakfast bed was comfortable self service
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2020 via mobile

Arrived at 11pm, absolutely starving as there had been no food available at the airport. Man at reception was really helpful, got me checked in with ease and then helped to get me some food sorted, a delicious pepperoni pizza. Nothing too much bother for him - really great start to my stay. Rest of the stay went great. Breakfast provided each morning via a breakfast bag, which was really good. Definitely would recommend.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Carl Butterworth, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Stockport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2020

Dear James12456,

Thank you for placing your review about the hotel. Its great to hear that we got you sorted out with some food and made you feel welcome when you arrived. Great to hear that you enjoyed your bagged breakfast too which we have now added to with hot bacon or sausage sandwiches plus cereal and milk.

We do hope to welcome you back next time you require accommodation in the area.

Reviewed 15 June 2020

No breakfast provided despite 'A very good breakfast' being advertised with the booking. We asked was there a certain time to collect the grab-and-go breakfast whilst checking in, to be told "no, anytime" however upon going to collect in the morning we were asked if we had ordered it, and then that there was none left unless we wanted a croissant which we would have to wait for. This I thought was disgusting, after paying good money for a room that is supposed to include 'A very good breakfast' to be told none left and that apparently we needed to have ordered it, even though on check-in nothing was mentioned. A disappointing end to what would have been a great stay!!

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Carl B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stockport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2020

I am sorry that you feel your experience didn’t live up to your expectations, we take this seriously and I have investigated this with the team involved. I understand that breakfast was offered on check out at 11am, but declined.

Reviewed 11 June 2020 via mobile

I stayed here while on a work trip & what with the Covid 19 going on I couldn’t really rate it to the full potential as although food and drink is still available it’s not the same. The hotel is perfect in many ways and very clean! Rooms modern and quiet. Only thing I wasn’t keen on was two single beds pushed together! Although still super comfy. Good tv signal and really good WiFi.

Date of stay: June 2020

Dear Gavincoop,

Thank you for your comments and feedback about the hotel! We do hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 24 February 2020 via mobile

Great hotel perfectly situated , right outside the train station ( no noise great windows ) trains are regular & take about 9 minutes to get into Manchester Piccadilly . Hotel is modern , clean & very comfortable, bar open til 2am good menu great breakfast

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carl B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stockport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2020

Dear MrsD71,

Thank you for placing a review of the hotel. I agree that the hotel would struggle to be any nearer the train station, but you don't hear the noise from the trains when in the rooms, nor from the aeroplanes flying into Manchester Airport!

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Many Thanks

Reviewed 16 February 2020 via mobile

Currently staying at the holiday inn, I decided to have some food, menu very very basic, I think they only serve food straight out of the freezer in to an Air Fryer, and whoever is using does not know what they are doing or at least that's what it tastes like
I feel sorry for myself as I am here for 2 nights, first time and last time I stay in one of these hotels
Staying in Premier inn's for the last 15 years have spoilt me

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Carl B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Stockport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2020

Dear T8142FXkevinc,

Thank you for your review of the hotel! I am sorry that the hotel food was not to your satisfaction, we do offer a full menu plus a range of fresh daily specials! The food at the hotel is actually really popular and we receive a lot of good feedback!