“Weekend Trip”

Hogarths Stone Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stone
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I, my husband, sister and brother-in-law visited this hotel for a weekend break. The hotel itself is lovely and clean, as were the bedrooms. We both had ones on the ground floor. After the first night, my sister and brother-in-law said they had not slept because the bed kept dipping in the middle and having complained to the receptionist they were given another room without any problems. I have to say that our bed was so hard that I had two sleepless nights and for this reason would not stay at the hotel again.

We only had breakfast at the hotel, which was excellent, and Mike the waiter was extremely pleasant and efficient. We were going to have a drink in the bar but there was nobody serving and we noted that if we wanted a drink we had to go and ask at reception. We therefore gave up on that idea.

All in all, we had a good time but, as I said, the beds were so hard that it has put us off staying again.

Room Tip: We had rooms 40 and 72.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cheryk

Reviewed 23 October 2011

I stayed there as part of a wedding reception/meal/disco.

Positives:

Beautiful house & gardens

Clean

Easily reached from M5

Big rooms

Buffet breakfast

Negatives:

Waited for about 40 minutes after we were seated before anything happened. At this point the 'head waitress' came in and walked around the room telling the waiters what tables they should serve.

The starter was then brought out, consisting of corned beef type pate with a bread roll.

The main was then brought out, chewy beef, uncooked (v hard) vegetables and roast potatoes.

The desert was a very very sickly piece of cake with cream, all I could eat was two mouthfulls.

The head waitress was very rude to her staff infront of us. The manager butted in to give announcements and told us to leave immediately after finishing our coffee so they could move three tables to clear the dance floor.

The breakfast was apparently very good at 8am, but when I went at 10 there was hardly anything left and they didn't replace the food for a long period (30minutes)

The manager was extremely rude and patronising, a very intolerable man indeed.

So overall I recommend staying there, but DO NOT hold a party or reception there, and if you do try the buffet instead of the 'main cooked meal'

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
James R, General Manager at Hogarths Stone Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2011

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor following you attending a Wedding with us. The issues you have raised are the first we are aware of, especially following the "Customer Feedback" cards the remaining guests have passed to me. As you know we run Weddings Every weekend and have done for many many years, along with the Manager in charge having over 20 years experience. I am delighted to say the Bride & Groom had a fantastic day and Thanked us for all our hard work in ensuring the smooth running of the event. Regarding the timings, this was all pre arranged along with the menu, which is personal taste and it is very hard to cater for everybody's requirements when hosting a Dinner or meal. Were the issues at Breakfast raised with the Staff on duty? As we aim to offer the highest of Standards, throughout the hotel, with a fantastic reputation locally for our Food & Service. Thank you again for your feedback and I will be looking into the points you have raised with the relevant departments.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

Another couple and I and husband had a very comfortable [3 nights for the price of two ] stay here last week. Contrary to some of the previous reviews we had lovely spacious rooms on the ground floor - seemed to be recently decorated with pristine paintwork - very clean as was the large bathroom with plenty of thick towels and toiletries. The beds were very comfortable and spotless and the hospitality tray was well stocked. The breakfasts were quite extensive and all the staff without exception were efficient and friendly and very helpful.
The table'd'hote menu was not large and although the food was very good - this menu was the same each night, so this was the only criticsism of this hotel we had.

Room Tip: We had rooms 2 & 7 on the gound floor and would choose them again.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Limetree5
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Rooms are a little tired but the staff are very friendly & helpful. In particular Jim the waiter who paid particular attention to guests requirements. Internet connection is a bit hit & miss

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We visited the Stone Manor in December 2010 for a Christmas party and overnight stay.
It is only now that i am looking for a venue for this years Christmas bash that i thought to share my experience of last year. So here goes
Positives
We stayed in the Coach house block, which is just a few steps away from the main Hotel.
The room was of good size and pleasantly decorated.
The bathroom was spacious and well equiped.
All were clean and attractive.
Unfortunately these are the only positive comments I feel able to make.

Negatives
Yes I know it was a Christmas function and you can't expect great food but the dinner was excreble. Cold soggy potatoes, fatty, tough and flavouless beef and a few hard carrots all virtually hurled at our party by sullen & inexperienced staff.
We were crammed in to a very small space and constantly crashed elbows. in fact I feel that we were treated like cattle - there to be milked and then herded out of the way as quickly as possible.
The disco was very half hearted and the party never really got off the ground.
We were all there, ready willing and able to have an enjoyable time but the Stone Manor made that very difficult indeed.
Needless to say we won't be returning and I wanted to share my thoughts with any Trip Advisor readers who may be considering this as a possible party venue.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank genavive
James R, General Manager at Hogarths Stone Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Thank you for your feedback on your Christmas party from last year. There have been many changes over the last 12 months at Stone Manor including New Staff, New Head Chef with the continued focus on Service, quality of food & overall experience. I am disapointed that you felt we did not deliver what you expected and should you like to discuss the issues you raised please do not hestiate to contact me.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stone
4.8 km away
Gainsborough House Hotel
#4 of 5 in Kidderminster
19.2 km away
The Southcrest Manor Hotel

Been to Hogarths Stone Manor? Share your experiences!