2,491 results
All reviews golf course leisure facilities golf break steam room driving range tawny bar sports bar cadbury world spa treatments spa area lovely hotel superior room main restaurant family room reception staff wedding reception evening meal
Reviewed 4 November 2018

I should make it clear we did not stay here overnight but attended the hotel to attend a funeral reception.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was clean and welcoming. It is set in grounds that adjoin a gold course so there was plenty of greenery to look at.

The food provided as part of the reception was of a decent standard, although it was 'breakfast' food as the reception was early in the morning but if the food later on in the day is of the same standard, I am sure it is absolutely fine. Based on the experience I had, if I had the need to stay in the area again, I would certainly consider staying here.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Vipul K, Hotel Manager at Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

HI Bruce C ,

Thank you for sending your feedback and I really appreciate you taking the time to do so . I'm glad to see that you found the hotel to be clean, welcoming and above all the staff friendly and helpful.

We pride ourselves in serving good quality , fresh food and our the kitchen brigade is now gearing up for a new round of menus with the launch of our newly refurbished bar - Tawny's that opens in mid the of December 2018.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Abbey in the not too distant future.

Take care ,

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

From the minute I checked in I found the hotel an exceptionally welcoming place
I was there for a UKAS training seminar. I arrived on my own the previous night and had dinner in the restaurant being looked after very well by a bubbly and delightful Stephanie who poured me a pint of McGuinness (ask Steph).
Throughout my stay I found the hotel an excellent place to stay and would stay again without hesitation

Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi FleetRacer ,

Thank you so much for your review and I was more that pleased to see that you had a great seminar and and enjoyed your experience with us .

Stephanie truly is a great member of the team and does remember the McGuinness which was her first one ever ...

Thank you once again and hope to see you soon.

Take care ,

Reviewed 3 November 2018

The staff were friendly and really supportive. However, I found the Abbey really old-fashioned and far too noisy for my taste (thin-walled). I bought breakfast one morning but the next morning I just skipped it! £13 for that kind of breakfast is not worth it. Go to Scandinavia and see the breakfasts they serve there! Just plain white bread here is a shame...

I used the gym and that was really ok. I also asked where I could take a run but the girl in the reception couldn´t help me on that. I found my self running on the golf course and ended up on the road that had no pavements! That was a bit nervous getting back without being hit by a car...

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Vipul K, Hotel Manager at Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear AnnJenN72

Firstly I'm really pleased you found the team to be friendly and supportive. We do pride ourselves on delivering great service so thank you for mentioning this.

I'm sorry you didn't find breakfast to your taste. Our full range of freshly cooked English products as well as extensive continental options is normally very popular with our guests so we are disappointed you skipped on this occasion.

Apologies our reception team were not able to assist in advice on where to take a run. There are safe options locally to do so and I have raised this with our FOH team to improve local amenities knowledge.

We're disappointed to hear you felt parts were thin walled or old fashioned but you may be interested to know the hotel is having large refurbishment programme starting very soon with bedrooms and public areas being extensively upgraded.

If you visit again and I sincerely hope you do, I'm sure you will be suitably impressed.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

I use the Spa here for treatments most weeks and booked some of the new facials, massage, body scrub with Elemis products,my lovely Amy took care of them all and gave a discount too. The service here excellent all staff very attentive and friendly, I can honestly say I’ve never been here and not been genuinely looked after, we have chirpy Bailey always ready with a smile Elena Amy all great to be around. I finished off with nails and waxing and had a great 2 weeks highly recommend the products and the team Abbey, a credit to the hotel

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Linda B

Thank you so much for reviewing your experience of Spa treatments here at The Abbey.

Myself and the Spa team are delighted you enjoy the amazing Elemis products and of course the treatments. Thank you for the special mentions of Amy, Elena and Bailey, I'm very proud of the great service the team deliver and our valued members and guests are so well taken care of.

Thank you so much for regularly using our facilities and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Take care

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Returned for a second stay after invite from new management to review improvements following a poor first stay. Can I just say - what a difference. The room was a superior double and was decorated beautifully. Room was spacious, clean and tidy and had all the amenities you would require. Bathroom was large with separate bath and shower. The bed was large for a double and extremely comfortable. Room was warm and cosy. Customer service, especially from manager was brilliant. I was provided with an individual gluten free menu to use in the Bramblings restaurant. Thank you for a nice stay.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi whizzer239

Thank you for reviewing your latest stay with us. I'm absolutely delighted we were able to restore your faith in The Abbey and you had a nice stay.

Really pleased you found your room to be spacious and very comfortable and that you were very well looked after by the team. We strive to deliver great service so I'm over the moon you were able to experience this.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes