2,496 results
All reviews golf course leisure facilities golf break steam room driving range tawny bar sports bar cadbury world spa treatments spa area lovely hotel superior room main restaurant family room reception staff wedding reception evening meal
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

From the minute I checked in I found the hotel an exceptionally welcoming place
I was there for a UKAS training seminar. I arrived on my own the previous night and had dinner in the restaurant being looked after very well by a bubbly and delightful Stephanie who poured me a pint of McGuinness (ask Steph).
Throughout my stay I found the hotel an excellent place to stay and would stay again without hesitation

Trip type: Travelled on business
Vipul K, Hotel Manager at Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi FleetRacer ,

Thank you so much for your review and I was more that pleased to see that you had a great seminar and and enjoyed your experience with us .

Stephanie truly is a great member of the team and does remember the McGuinness which was her first one ever ...

Thank you once again and hope to see you soon.

Take care ,

Reviewed 3 November 2018

The staff were friendly and really supportive. However, I found the Abbey really old-fashioned and far too noisy for my taste (thin-walled). I bought breakfast one morning but the next morning I just skipped it! £13 for that kind of breakfast is not worth it. Go to Scandinavia and see the breakfasts they serve there! Just plain white bread here is a shame...

I used the gym and that was really ok. I also asked where I could take a run but the girl in the reception couldn´t help me on that. I found my self running on the golf course and ended up on the road that had no pavements! That was a bit nervous getting back without being hit by a car...

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Vipul K, Hotel Manager at Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear AnnJenN72

Firstly I'm really pleased you found the team to be friendly and supportive. We do pride ourselves on delivering great service so thank you for mentioning this.

I'm sorry you didn't find breakfast to your taste. Our full range of freshly cooked English products as well as extensive continental options is normally very popular with our guests so we are disappointed you skipped on this occasion.

Apologies our reception team were not able to assist in advice on where to take a run. There are safe options locally to do so and I have raised this with our FOH team to improve local amenities knowledge.

We're disappointed to hear you felt parts were thin walled or old fashioned but you may be interested to know the hotel is having large refurbishment programme starting very soon with bedrooms and public areas being extensively upgraded.

If you visit again and I sincerely hope you do, I'm sure you will be suitably impressed.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

I use the Spa here for treatments most weeks and booked some of the new facials, massage, body scrub with Elemis products,my lovely Amy took care of them all and gave a discount too. The service here excellent all staff very attentive and friendly, I can honestly say I’ve never been here and not been genuinely looked after, we have chirpy Bailey always ready with a smile Elena Amy all great to be around. I finished off with nails and waxing and had a great 2 weeks highly recommend the products and the team Abbey, a credit to the hotel

Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Linda B

Thank you so much for reviewing your experience of Spa treatments here at The Abbey.

Myself and the Spa team are delighted you enjoy the amazing Elemis products and of course the treatments. Thank you for the special mentions of Amy, Elena and Bailey, I'm very proud of the great service the team deliver and our valued members and guests are so well taken care of.

Thank you so much for regularly using our facilities and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Take care

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Returned for a second stay after invite from new management to review improvements following a poor first stay. Can I just say - what a difference. The room was a superior double and was decorated beautifully. Room was spacious, clean and tidy and had all the amenities you would require. Bathroom was large with separate bath and shower. The bed was large for a double and extremely comfortable. Room was warm and cosy. Customer service, especially from manager was brilliant. I was provided with an individual gluten free menu to use in the Bramblings restaurant. Thank you for a nice stay.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi whizzer239

Thank you for reviewing your latest stay with us. I'm absolutely delighted we were able to restore your faith in The Abbey and you had a nice stay.

Really pleased you found your room to be spacious and very comfortable and that you were very well looked after by the team. We strive to deliver great service so I'm over the moon you were able to experience this.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed 31 October 2018

We were taking our 3 grandchildren, one 8yrs old the other two 13yrs old to Cadbury's World. Booked a 2 night stay in two interconnecting rooms. Thought the hotel location would be a good stop off on our way to Cadbury World. Right here we go. The rooms are a really good size and clean. Shower is a little small, would be awkward if your were a stout person. It really could of been larger as there was space for this. Swimming pool has children times and adult times, so no complaints there. The restaurant was not over crowded for dinner or breakfast. We found all the staff to be very friendly and attentive. I have stayed all over the World in many 5 star hotels and this hotel stands up well in some ways with regard to room size and service was good. Only gripe which I did find odd, because every hotel I have stayed at and that's a lot, has one, that is a room safe. They only cost about around £25 Mr manager. You are informed you can leave your valuables at reception. However, this is an inconvenience to many people, every time you want to go to the pool, restaurant or just pop out to always having to grab all your money, i-phones, watches, jewelry, kindles I-pads and laptop, etc and wait at reception to hand them over, My wife and I and the kids don't really want to do this every time we leave our rooms and have the inconvenience to stand in a que at reception. Clearly this is not really practical to hand over to a receptionist, my very expensive rolex and all my wife's expensive jewelry and all the other things I mentioned, therefore, if I did it would be then the hotels responsibility for the safe keeping of these items. That' a chance you are taking there Mr manager. Also, another problem I noticed and which I would put a sign up in the bathroom for it, stating that the water comes out boiling hot, especially if they are very young child staying at the hotel. If a child gets scalded, could be case to answer for. I am saying this because I am a director of a law firm. However, it is what it is and a problem for the manager. As for our stay, it was good stay and a good location..

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank scotty528

Dear scotty528

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I'm very pleased you were happy with the size and cleanliness of your room and made use of the pool with your grandchildren.
I'm absolutely delighted to hear you were very well looked after by the team and that we stand up well in comparison to the 5 star hotels you have stayed in around the world in that respect.

Apologies your room did not have a safe, we do have rooms that are equipped with a safe but we look to add more as we go through our extensive refurbishment programme (happening very soon, phased in so as not to affect guest stays). As you mentioned we are more than happy to take care of guests expensive/precious items in our main safe but I understand if you found this to be an inconvenience.

I'm very sorry if the water came out too hot in your bathroom. Rest assured our maintenance team looked into this straight away and I'm happy to report temperatures are at recommended levels.

Thanks again for choosing the Abbey for your trip to Cadbury World and we look forward to seeing you again.

Best wishes