1,245 results
All reviews bybrook restaurant the cottages afternoon tea the main house michelin star tasting menu junior suite four poster bed gin bar beautiful hotel grounds are stunning walk in shower picturesque village special occasion wedding guests scones luxury hotel
Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

Visited this hotel for evening meeting followed by dinner. It's been a couple of years since I have been here and I wasn't disappointed this time around either. As I entered the drive way I forgot how beautiful the setting is, it just takes you back in time. The quirky rooms with the winding stair cases just add to this hotels beauty - For dinner we had the 7 course tasting menu which I highly recommend. I recently stayed in their sister hotel Pen y hill park which was lovely albeit a little too big for my liking but as I said in the title this hotel is just 'perfect'.

Staff just great you are a credit to this hotel

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Certainly a wonderful setting; delightful village and stunning gardens, make this feel just like a film set. I can understand why guests love it. However, inside the main house, more needs to be done, to make the place really tops. The management could learn from The Pig Hotels just how to add finishing touches, to make the sitting areas more appealing. As for the restaurant, I'm sorry but the the renovation has failed miserably: the Dining Room is cold, totally lacking in warmth or style. The table settings are bland ( no table cloths) with no flowers; purple walls are cold and as uninviting as the lighting. In case you are wondering why I am picking on minutiae, the reason is that, at the prices this hotel charges, it should be the very best, and I'm afraid it isn't. The Pig at Bath is half of the price, and certainly as good. Yes, the food is good, axis befitting a Michelin starred restaurant, but I haven't come away raring to return

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Stephen-Manager, Manager at The Manor House Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2016

Dear Richard R,

Thank you for your feedback and I am so sorry you don't like the décor, but thank you for your positive comments about the food.

Absolutely correct that we no longer have table cloths for Breakfast or Dinner, but we do have flowers on the table.

Sorry we may not be seeing you visiting us again, which is unfortunate, I hope you might reconsider.

Best regards,

Stephen

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Absolutely loved this place. Room was gorgeous and very spacious. Reception friendly (maybe a little OTT) but given the venue I guess that's what they do. Was quite personal in his questions en route to showing us to our room.

Had dinner and that was delicious. Really well looked after, excellent wine and service, overall a lovely experience. Cocktails on the lawn during the afternoon were perfect. Nothing really to fault about this place, if you like quality and like to be looked after then you can't go wrong......totally stunning and I can't wait to go back!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2016 via mobile

This is a most wonderful place situated in beautiful grounds and within easy walking distance of the village for a leisurely stroll or longer walks.
My husband and I had Sidelands room which was partly the old wine cellar. Absolutely luxurious. Our daughter and her friend had a smaller room but just as well laid out.
Beware of tourists looking in your windows!
If I could make one suggestion and this applies to many hotels. There was nowhere to hang you towel near the bath or shower.
This was quickly forgotten once we stated to work our way through the extensive gin menu.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Rustic English cottage style accomodation...very British! Takes you back to medieval times. A truly memorable experience.
Wifi available throughout the estate...clean rooms,friendly staff,good old English breakfast,great food! Just perfect! A must stay for anyone looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Stephen-Manager, Manager at The Manor House Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Dear rog8777,

Thank you for your lovely feedback and I am so pleased you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope we may see you again soon.

Kind regards,