1,224 results
All reviewsbybrook restaurantthe cottagesafternoon teathe main housemichelin startasting menujunior suitefour poster bedgin barbeautiful hotelgrounds are stunningwalk in showerpicturesque villagespecial occasionsconesluxury hotelcream tea
Reviewed 12 September 2016

The hotel has "the wow factor". Idyllic setting with manicured grounds - quintessentially English! Beautifully appointed rooms with everything you could possibly want. We upgraded from the cosy rooms and were put in the stables. Amazing bathroom including a shower to die for, nice toiletries, TV over the bath and his 'n' hers sinks. Hotel has lots of snug reception rooms to unwind in plus a gin bar with over 200 gins to choose from.

Golf course was great too - in fantastic condition with many interesting holes. Some steep climbs so a buggy helps but not essential. Food in the clubhouse good.

Hotel restaurant on the other hand was very disappointing (see separate review) and lets down the hotel, Other disappointment was being overcharged £169 on check-out. Someone else's evening meal was put down to our room and we had to go back to ask for a refund.

Great place to stay but suggest you visit one of the many lovely pubs in the village to eat!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Stephen-Manager, Manager at The Manor House Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2016

Dear golfgoddess123,

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

I am so sorry you did not enjoy your experience in the restaurant and I know you have been very forthright on our Bybrook site, which speaks for itself. I am sure the kitchen team will be very disappointed with your comments.

On a positive note I am glad you enjoyed the accommodation and all things golf related.

I apologise for the oversight on your bill which I know was rectified immediately.

Hope we may see you again for the golf.

Best regards,

Stephen

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Everything about this hotel was absolutely amazing, we were only sad that we had to leave after only 1 night. The hotel and grounds are absolutely beautiful and peaceful, and I loved how close it is to the quaint village of Castle Combe. Of all the village we visited in the Cotwolds, probably the prettiest. There are numerous lounges to relax in, all with awesome decor and great views of the grounds. We loved the little touches around the hotel like chess boards, DVD library, apples from the orchard, umbrellas, croquet and deck chairs near the stream. The room was just beautiful as well, we stayed in the cottages and I would definitely recommend this. The bathroom was massive, I loved that we could also use the tablet that was supplied. Internet worked really well. Breakfast was great, they even had smoothies on offer, which not many other places I have stayed at have had. The service was also great. We ordered room service and it was very prompt and still hot.

Overall, this hotel was 5 star in all areas. I will definitely be coming back the next time I am in England, for an extended stay. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who stays in the Cotswolds area.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank snad1611
Reviewed 8 September 2016

Just when we thought the beauty of the village could not be surpassed we found The Manor House Hotel! Having a cream tea on the expansive lawn in front of the beautiful house was a real treat! The staff was friendly and the services good. The freshly baked scones came wrapped up in a crisp white linen towel! It was great to walk off the calories around the beautiful garden. The steps to the right of the hotel led to a terrace with a great view and more secluded gardens! A stroll around completed our great day out to Castle Combe!

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 7 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel entrance and grounds are truly stunning and you feel the luxury as you enter. The hotel itself has a wonderful charm and lots of nooks and crannies that make for great discoveries. We spent our first night in the main building of the hotel and a further 2 nights in the cottages. Our room in the hotel was one of the best family rooms I have ever stayed in, beautiful bed, with a sofa bed and an additional single bed for our children and there was still plenty of space to move around. There was also a nespresso machine and a cute little box that contained tea making facilities. Lots of lovely little features. Bathroom was huge and had all the mod cons. This is something the hotel has got spot on, in that it retains the charm of a country hotel but also affords all the mod cons that we rely on. I definitely preferred the room in the main building to the cottages.
Here
In the cottages we were given 2 rooms but our room didn't afford much privacy as we could see people walking past inside and outside of the grounds and our bathroom particularly left us feeling exposed. Our children's room was better and a great size. Ours while having a four poster bed felt dated and was quite dusty with cobwebs, pet hate of mine.
Service throughout was attentive without being intrusive. Front desk was particularly good. Felt waiting staff in restaurant were generally good but not to the level of elsewhere. We ate in the restaurant on the first night, food was lovely but came with a price tag to reflect it! To be honest you could have food just as tasty in nearby pubs as there are some excellent ones near by and in Burton.
The wedding party laid on a buffet for the sat night which was good, but not to the level that I would have expected. Food and service for the wedding day itself was excellent. It was very efficient, probably the best throughout our stay.
Overall breakfasts were excellent and plenty of variety. Downside on our last morning (which was part of our wedding) service was extremely slow.
Overall I would have given this 5* had it not been for a few of the minor issues. Nothing that detrimented our stay and if I could I would have rated this as a 4.5*.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2016

The services is excellent, warm, friendly but not overly so. The manor is more like a castle and it is delightful to enjoy all the little nooks and crannies that the hotel has to offer. The food is exceptionally good and the grounds are beautiful. Rooms are well furnished with pretty much anything you would ever need.
When picking a room I would advise against the cottages furtherest from the main hotel as you will get about a million tourists standing outside your room taking photos; that said they are excellent (the cottages not the tourists)

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple