All reviews lovely hosts leeds bradford airport the pub elderly parents no rush bedroom window huge room central heating easy access hearty breakfast tea and coffee facilities friendly welcome attending a wedding enjoyed our stay on arrival one night stay full english
Reviewed 24 August 2017

When you arrive at Chevin House, the first thing that strikes you is the amazing vista all round the property. You can see for miles. We drove into the courtyard and were immediately greeted and shown to our room which was in the new block, beautifully converted from old farm buildings around another courtyard.

The room was large, very clean and had everything in it, including a small porch to hang top coats, wet things, store buggies, etc., hair dryer, tea and coffee facilities and windows on two sides. Attached is a wet room with good (and hot!) water supply. There was plenty of room for the dog who enjoyed three very comfortable nights with us.

It was also extremely quiet with the exception of short periods of activity at Leeds/Bradford Airport which, in our experience, was less than an hour once or twice a day.

Breakfast was excellent with a good range of cereals as well as a piping hot full english. It was served over a good period of time, so if you wanted to leave early or enjoy a bit of a lie in, you could.

At the end of the drive is a pub serving good ales (Timothy Taylors) with a large, but slightly expensive menu. Sitting in the pub garden for a beer or a cup of tea was very pleasant.

My only minor criticisms are a shortage of hooks in the wet room to dry large towels properly and a few more tea bags would have been useful.

This is a good spot to stay for traveling all over the Dales and, in my view good value for money, especially if you have pets with you. I thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2017

On arrival we were shown to our room in the 'new' block. Initially the room just looked rather tired.....but there was a catalogue of issues...dead insects on the window sill, duvet not put into the cover properly, pillows flat, mug chipped, and mirrors smeary. Then the bathroom....lots of mold, taps and loo not properly clean....it felt really uncomfortable being in there!

The breakfast was OK...hot and freshly cooked. However, I had a filthy fork with food on it...which was replaced for me on request.

We had booked for two nights, but I'm afraid we couldn't stay the second night!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights recently with our two children. We were in the new block (I think) and we were pleasantly surprised after seeing pictures that suggested this place was tired (it was al that was available for the dates we required).

It's difficult initially to work out where you are meant to go when you arrive. You turn in for the guesthouse but then are met with a multitude of buildings and no clue is given as to where you're meant to go.

The host came out and was ok - but didn't have much Yorkshire warmth. After showing us our room she departed sort of like she'd had enough of us.

The room is fine - two beds as required but no cot bed provided and we ended up buying a travel one as we have other uses for it coming up. It only cost £30 and you'd think they'd just get one to use now and again if required.

Breakfast the next day was fine, but one egg per plate and when my husband asked for toast we got 4 slices - between 4 of us. Despite there being 4 of us, we only ordered 3 breakfasts as I often share with the baby, but the portions were a little meagre for that. On the second day there were bananas available but I don't remember seeing them the first day.

After we departed the dining room, my husband told me he'd had to go through several bowls to find one that was clean for our daughter to have some cereal. I have to say, the next day I had a similar ordeal. It just appeared that dried on cereal hadn't quite been removed by the washer/dishwasher.

The wet room is nice but as with all wet rooms, you have the issue that the entire floor gets wet and then you have to use the sink without socks on. Therefore we put a towel on the floor (that we'd used to clean something up) and on returning later in the day found that it hadn't been replaced, just hung over the sink.

The bed had also only been loosely made.

The next day was much the same. I don't know if it was us and the host just didn't take to us, but she didn't seem to want to get involved in chit chat or go through the pleasantries.

For breakfast we requested beans/scrambled eggs and toast and again it was 4 slices between us all and me sharing with the baby. I had thought because I wasn't ordering a full breakfast that there would have been toast on the plate and then the 4 slices...I almost felt that I'd have been told off if I'd requested food for the baby.

Overall, it's a peasant enough place to keep your head down and the pub just a short walk away is excellent for dinner. But there were no extras to make this a memorable stay. The biscuits weren't replaced, everything seems to be done to the extent that it's as little as possible. Maybe they are run off their feet. It just seems a shame as they must have invested heavily in the new block and all that's required is a bit of extra effort to make this a really lovely place to stay.

The views are awesome

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2017

Stayed for 1 night last night and have to say the place was great! Wonderful views and the room was large and clean-very comfy bed and lovely shower. Breakfast was excelle nt! Pub was a few minutes from here and the food was great and plenty of it. Would recommend this place to anyone who wanted a comfy b&b

Room Tip: all rooms en suite and on ground floor
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Stayed for One night prior to attending a rally in the area. room was spacious and airy, hosts were helpful and friendly. clean and tidy throughout and a nice breakfast the next morning finished off a pleasant stay at a reasonable price

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends