I was at Casa Oro hostel in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua, with my brother for a period of 39 days over Christmas and New Year’s and it was just great.. Casa Oro hostel is a very cool place where you just feel at home, that is why we stayed so long. The kitchen is well equipped and we had a fantastic time cooking with friends and watching free movies on the 42 inch plasma screen TV. The mattresses are good and the place is kept clean. Of course it got really busy during the Holidays but the staff always managed to get us what we needed.
We were at the right place because Casa Oro offers a great deal of services, it’s the only place in town that is well organized and with a great staff , some of them speak 3 languages and believe me it helps when you need information. From the hostel we got the beach shuttle, the canopy shuttle, the turtle expedition, and the best of all the surf rentals and lessons with Alfredo. Everybody who had a surf lesson with Alfredo will agree with me I am sure, this guy is gooooood. We also took the turtle tour because there were lots of turtles and hatchlings to see and we were just amazed by what we saw at the Reserve. The tour was well organized, eco-oriented and given in English. They gave us a very informative 30 minutes presentation on the wide screen TV with pictures and short video of these incredible creatures. They are really concerned about the protection of the turtles and involved with the reserve’s activities. Hi to Lilly, Bismara, Samuel, Anthony and Cyrielle.
P.S : to Stefan many thanks for the info about turtles babies !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Oro was the first hostel and surf school in San Juan del Sur. Before that it was an obligatory spot on the historic gold route through Central America. Today, Casa Oro is the first eco-hostel in San Juan del Sur, part of the Circulo Initiative, a family of for purpose businesses in pursuit of regeneration. Tourism growth and development often leave destructive side effects for cultures, communities and the environment. It doesn’t have to be like this though. We find inspiration in how nature works and use this as our compass for holistic creation. In everything we do, our aim is to leave places better than we found them. So far, it’s working. -- Just a hop, skip and a jump from the beach, Casa Oro offers a variety of budget-friendly accommodations designed with conscious backpackers in mind. We have both dorms and private rooms available. All of our dorm beds come equipped with privacy curtains for your convenience. The second and third floor boast a balcony that wraps around the entire building. A scrumptious breakfast is included with any stay along with free Wi-Fi, lockers (bring your own lock), free filtered water and access to a communal kitchen. Friendly vibes and hugs are also included at no extra charge. Our beach shuttles are conveniently located just outside the front door, surf school is downstairs and there’s even a RestoCafe/Bar, so all you’ve gotta do is roll out of bed and everything’s at your fingertips. We’ve also got donation-based yoga classes regularly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Casa Oro Eco Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Oro Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Casa Oro Eco Hostel Nicaragua/San Juan Del Sur