Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$253
Hotels.comUS$253
HIExpress.comUS$253
TravelocityUS$253
PricelineUS$253
HurbUS$265
All reviews room was clean the breakfast area convenient location definitely stay here again train cereal danish
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 March 2022

The hotel itself is a bit older, but everything seemed in good condition. The lobby is updated (a fireplace in the corner) and nice. The breakfast area is quite large (which they probably need when HersheyPark is operating, but not so much in late Jan when we were there).

The staff was very nice & accommodating. The only complaint I have is that they never seemed to be at the front desk. I had to ring the bell every time I needed something. They were all very nice, though, & helped me out with a few special requests, which made up for it.

The fitness room was great. There were 3 treadmills as well as other machines. There were some dumbbells as well.

Here's the best part of the review... In the room, they had the best hotel invention in years. The clock radio showed the time on THREE sides (the front & each side) so that no matter which bed you were in, you can see the time. That’s fantastic! I've never seen such a thing, but it surely should become standard for all hotels! No more is there an issue where neither person in bed can see the clock well or you have to lean to see it.

There were ample outlets & USB ports between the beds, too, which is always a plus. The room layout is a bit odd; the bathroom door is diagonal, facing the bed area, so if someone leaves the light on as they open the door late at night, it illuminates the entire room. The bathroom fixtures were updated & nice, though.

Overall, I’d definitely stay here again & recommend it.

Date of stay: January 2022
Reviewed 24 June 2021 via mobile

Emma is a DOLL- stellar service. Room itself wasn’t worth $200/night. Water didn’t go down in shower. The Hot tub was closed in the pool area. Forgot to draw curtains & I woke up at sunrise. When I went to close them, turns out they weren’t curtains, just a fake curtain that I couldn’t close . Walls were so thin that i heard someone peeing in the middle of the night and flushing several times I also heard a landline hotel phone ring. My room had No moldings and stains everywhere. The beds were extra lumpy

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Spencer McLaughlin, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area), an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Your feedback is important to our operation and enables us to do better. We're all looking forward to the completion of our renovation.

Reviewed 2 May 2021 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here as we were at a wedding in the area. The front desk manager made an effort to allow me to check in early, and I was in my room by 12:30 . I appreciated that so much. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the breakfast was nice too. Thank you!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Spencer McLaughlin, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area), an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2021

Thank you for your review, Jamiee435! We love hearing our guests enjoyed their stay with us. Hopefully you'll have another reason to visit Hershey again soon!

Reviewed 20 October 2020

We stayed for two nights in October as we visited Hershey Park. The check-in was fine, people nice, room on the small side but clean. There's lots of hand sanitizer around and all the proper precautions (ie elevator limited to one party only). The pool was open but limited in capacity.
Our only problem was with an obnoxious neighboring room who had small kids running up and down the halls at 11pm. The front desk got multiple calls from us and others and made an effort to remedy. The following morning, after confirming that party was staying another night too, they changed our room. The new room was just as comfortable but the bathroom fan was crazy loud and ran constantly. That's ok, white noise, I'll take that over yelling.
The breakfast situation was a little awkward but fine. Instead of the normal buffet we got an order form when we checked in. You turned it in before 10pm and received a bag of food when you went down in the morning. You could also pick up drinks, yogurt, fruit, etc. Everything was commercially packaged- bagels, pancakes, Nutri-grain bars. It was perfectly fine.
Thanks for making the very best of a difficult Covid situation.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank GoFishGirl
Spencer McLaughlin, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area), an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2020

Thank you for your great review! We're looking forward to the days where we can put COVID in the rear-view mirror. I'm glad you seem to have enjoyed your stay in spite of the few comments you mentioned. We'll look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Hershey!

Reviewed 13 October 2020 via mobile

This is a great location close to Hersheypark.
More importantly the staff was absolutely great.
The hotel went above and beyond to make guests feel safe during this time.
This is the place to stay for a family!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Spencer McLaughlin, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hershey (Harrisburg Area), an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2020

Thank you so much for your kind review! I am glad you enjoyed your experience with us. We will be looking forward to your return!