All reviews full kitchen bedroom suite sesame place apartment feel platinum member yogurt rooms are large the room was nice bed was very comfortable property dishwasher vacancies couch accommodations pros cons proximity
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

We attended a family wedding and chose this Marriott to stay for 1 night thinking that it would be like all the other Residence Inns we have used in the past. This is obviously a franchise that isn't overseen by Marriott as it is sub-standard. We brought our small dog for 1 night and upon check in were charged an up-front non-refundable pet fee of $150. for "cleaning the room." The whole property outside was littered with dog waste. It was filthy. There was 1 pet waste bag station on the other side of the property. The outdoor entrance was also filthy . Trash was everywhere with an open jumbo trashcan and what looked like large laundry bags hanging over the steps and the cement was badly stained. The room wasn't much better. The carpet was badly stained and it was obvious that the last tenant's $150 cleaning fee was never used. This property is a poor value and not at all "pet friendly " as their website states. Next time, we will stay elsewhere.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sunshine587
Maureen D, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Thank you Stephanie R for your feedback. I apologize for the condition you found our grounds to be in. This is definitely not up to our standard and I appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your feedback. I can assure you that I will be sharing your comments with my team to ensure more detail is taken with this area.

Thank you.
Maureen D.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We only used the hotel to hold a sales meeting in and did not sleep there. It is a very nice, clean hotel and they seem to take pride in it. We had the pleasure of dealing with Brooke at the front desk and we were very impressed. We walked in the front door and were greeted by her with a huge, welcoming smile. We needed some adjustments made to the way our conference room was set up and she was Johnny on the spot. People are quick to complain and I like to make sure when something is right, to share that as well. I hope to return here if our company sends us back to the area.

Other notes- they have a nice outside area for relaxing and an outdoor kitchen with multiple gas grills. They seemed to serve up a very nice breakfast in the morning and had some kind of appetizers in the evening. The property is very well maintained and seemed to be vey clean. I hope this was helpful.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
GMWillowGrove, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Ron D,

I sincerely appreciate you letting us know of your experience with our Meeting Room last week. It is always nice to get positive reviews about our hotel amenities and staff here at the hotel. I'll be sure to pass on your comments to Brooke and we look forward to any future visits.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I had stayed there for 2 weeks for business trip. Overall the stay was good. Nice big room with decent kitchen set up. House keeping were good too.

Breakfast was ok but could add more variety to it. Also, i feel they should add more channels to the TV. That's a real dampener, given i was staying for close to 15 days.

Overall, i liked it and i will be staying for another 2 weeks this month. So, i am hoping some improvements in both breakfast and TV department. Also, the AC was little noise but i guess that may be i was on ground floor.

Would surely recommend to stay there if they want some peace and good night sleep.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
GMWillowGrove, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Varun31855,

Thank you for your generous comments regarding your recent visit and in particular, about our staff. I will be sure to pass on your review to our Housekeeping team.

I also appreciate you letting us know of your breakfast experience. We follow the Residence Inn Brand Standards for breakfast and we do rotate items daily to insure more variety for our long term guests.

We are also currently evaluating our Entertainment Package and hope to add more channels and streaming options in the future. Once again, I appreciate you letting us know of your experience and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

What a breath of fresh air. Our family spent two nights at this town house feel hotel and enjoyed every minute at it. There is a basketball hoop, gym and pool. On select days there are mixers and other events in the main building where you can enjoy wine, coffee and BBQs! Breakfast was AMAZING! Eggs, sausages, turkey sausages, all kinds of breads (bagels etc), cereals, yogurts, fresh fruit, waffles and fun toppings for your waffles. There is more than enough room for people to sit down and enjoy your meal and you have the option to take food back to your room.
Our room was a studio that included a full kitchen. This is a great feature for mommies needing large storage for milk! We were thrilled. The tv is on a swivel so when our munchkin knocked out we turned the tv in the opposite direction and sat on the couch to relax.
We totally felt like we were with family- the staff was soo welcoming and nice.

The only complaint I have is around the size of the bathroom. It's a tight squeeze in their. Yes there is a bath tub they just need extra floor space in there. The walls are thin so you can hear people if they are loud but it didn't stop us from getting a great nights rest.

This place is located in an awesome area- 20 miles from Sesame Place and less than 10 miles away for LEGOLAND, malls and yummy food places

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank velez163
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Pros - lot of restaurants in the area, outside pool and basketball court so fun for families. Check in was easy and pleasant. Room was clean. Gentlemen that tested the pool water, replaced towels, etc, were very pleasant and professional to the guests.
Cons - pool dirty, outside of our room when we arrived was a large dirty linen bag and a large garbage bag. That was still there the next day. Grounds by our room could be cleaner. Went to front desk that night to get more pool towels, as there were no more, and a set of sheets and a blanket for the sofa bed. The woman at the front desk acted as if we were putting her out, gave us an attitude for asking.

We stayed here last year and had a terrible experience. There was a Birthday party in the patio/common area. However, there were many many outside (not hotel guests) people attending. We were forced to leave the pool area due to very inappropriate behavior in front of our kids. We talked to Marriott and they made good by it. We decided to give it another try this year. There was another very large party there again with outside people (not guests of the hotel) and we had to leave because the common area was overcrowded but it was disappointing that this was allowed again.

Although our stay this time was a lot better than the last, I do not believe we will be staying here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
GMWillowGrove, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Philadelphia Willow Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Jen C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on your recent visit.

First, I appreciate the kind words about your check in and our associates who take care of the pool area.

Please accept my apology over any cleanliness issues around your room area. It is our practice to pick up all linen and trash daily and I have discussed the importance of insuring it is completed each day with our Housekeeping team.

While you were here, we did have a large group in house that took up several of our two bedroom units and our public areas were heavily used that weekend. The policy of our hotel is that the facilities are utilized by registered guests only and we make every attempt to insure the policy is followed. I am very sorry over any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Thank you again for your comments and if you would like to discuss your visit any further, please feel free to reach me at 215-443-7330.