“You're part of the family”
Review of The Harvest Inn

The Harvest Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Honesdale
The Harvest Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Honesdale
Reviewed 4 November 2015

I've been staying at this B&B since 2002; at first for traveling work at the hospital and now just because I love it! Mary and Tony treat you like family! The house has a warmth that envelopes you when you step in and doesn't leave until you walk out. They help with anything you need, want, suggestions for dinner, places to go, local shopping, other places to shop. Even later in the evenings, Mary and Tony can, often, be found in the front room with guests chatting and relaxing in front of the fireplace - often, wine included! Sometimes, they'll even offer you dinner because Mary always makes more than needed! When the weather is nice, you'll find them outside on the front porch lounging and chatting with candles and wine - my favorite spot is the swing! Even if you've never experienced a B&B before, The Harvest Inn will get you hooked!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank melatpeace

Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

My daughter and I spent a quick night at the Harvest Inn while visiting Honesdale. We enjoyed the cozy rooms and the delightful breakfast with a charming innkeeper. Everything was clean and tidy, I would do it all over again. The convenient downtown location was perfect!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 December 2014

I stayed here a couple of times and each time the staff treated me like I was a member of their own family and the breakfast they made was great, not only was it hot, but they made sure you had enough, and I can say that you will not leave the table hungry

Room Tip: any room is good
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This was my husband and mine's first stay at a Bed & Breakfast, we will definitely do it again. Mary & Tom made us feel welcome from the minute we stepped in the door. The home was clean and very well maintained. The breakfasts are excellent!! This was also our 10th wedding anniversary, Mary & Tom went above and beyond to help us celebrate and make it special. There is a front porch that features a swing which I spent time on enjoying the quiet and the company. The B&B is a close walk to downtown Honesdale which features a lot of quaint shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed here for four nights and would liked to have stayed longer. Mary and Tony McHugh are wonderful innkeepers: friendly, welcoming, engaging and interesting to talk to. Mary made the most delicious comfort food breakfasts all week.

My room was in the back so the road noise was less (it is situated on the main street through Honesdale). I loved sitting curled up on the sofa in front of the fireplace at night; it was a great room to unwind in. The McHughs welcomed me into their home and made me feel at home.

Honesdale is not a hotbed of four star resorts, so if that is what you are expecting, you will be disappointed. But if you are looking for a comfortable, charming and unpretentious atmosphere, this fits B&B fits the bill.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, away from the road.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank doublereeder2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Honesdale
0.3 km away
0.3 km away
Schrute Farms
15.7 km away
The Lodge at Woodloch

Been to The Harvest Inn? Share your experiences!