“Paint & Pot-Luck: Both well worth it”

Laurel's Hometown Cafe
Ranked #23 of 66 Restaurants in Honesdale
Reviewed 20 April 2017

So, my wife decides I need to relax, and what better way to relax is to do something I (generally) dislike: Go To Paint-Night. Did it once before and it was one TOO many times.
However, we were in Pa and I didn't want my wife to make the trip into Honesdale alone, so I agreed. I enjoyed the Paint Night. I kinda' liked the painting, but I certainly enjoyed the meal that was included.
The food was good & plentiful. We were served roasted chicken w/ veggies & potato.
It was a half of a healthy sized bird. they did NOT skrimp and if it was any indication of what & how they prepare, I'll go there just to eat - often.
Note: They are open for Breakfast & Lunch. the only time they open at night is when they have Paint Nights. This being the case, my wife & I have missed them on 3 occasions so far. but we aim to try again.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

The restaurant opens early for breakfast. The special was the ham and cheese omelet with home fries and toast. Half of the plate was consumed with the home fries. Definitely generous portions and very reasonable prices. Will definitely eat there again. They feature local artwork in the restaurant.

Reviewed 8 March 2017

Very good breakfast, I had a 3 egg omelet with sausage and home fries and toast it was delicious and more than I could eat.

Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

Ate here 2 times while staying in Honesdale. First time we were walking through town and came upon Laurels and stopped in for lunch. My husband had an 8 oz burger with cheddar cheese and bacon. It was so big and juicy he had to cut it in half to eat it! He could quite finish it! It came with hand cut fries with skin still on. I ordered the Chicken pot pie and it was a large sized piece quite tasty. The place was not overly crowded and prices pretty reasonable. The second time we visited was a weekend morning for breakfast. Food was still good but place was filled and service slow. Only one server in so understandably not getting to everyone too quickly. Homemade corned beef has was delicious but burned, she didn't ask which kind of potatoes I wanted and never brought either. Coffee and food slow, never got a second cup. My advice is food is good but avoid the weekends if possible. Would go back.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

Laurel's Hometown Cafe turns into Laurel's Paint n' Sip on certain evenings. Folks get the opportunity to paint with an artist, and take home lovely artwork. It is so fun, and the experience is truly worth the price. The food is ok (I really didn't eat much of it), but the paint n' sip experience made up for it! You will have to supply your own beverages, as Laurel's does not have a liquor license, but that is a small concession for such an enjoyable time!