5 people are viewing this hotel
US$326
PricelineUS$343
FindHotelUS$323
eDreamsUS$343
All reviews courtyard marriott fire pit front desk great hotel hershey park chocolate avenue located close small indoor pool local attractions shower head nice size pull out sofa oatmeal beds were comfortable short drive lobby checkin
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 December 2021 via mobile

Stayed with my husband for two nights (12/19,20). Very nice and definitely would return. So close to the Hershey attractions! Staff was very welcoming and pleasant. The room was clean and nice. Felt safe and we slept comfortably. Our room was right next to the elevators, which ding. Reception advised us beforehand because people complain. We had no problem whatsoever. Didn’t hear anything at all from the hallway/elevators during the night. We would recommend to anyone- families, business, etc.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2021

Our overall stay at the hotel was fine. We barely had any interaction with staff as we did mobile check-in. Room was clean. What's extremely disappointing is that we left my infant daughter's jacket in the room and they are essentially holding it for ransom. It's a 6-9 Month jacket and they're trying to charge me between $33-$46 to ship it back to me. I know that there is a cost involved with shipping a left behind item, but it couldn't possibly cost more than $10 to ship! I tried calling the hotel and they pawned it off on "corporate." I'm a gold elite member and stayed at Marriott properties often before the pandemic for both work and pleasure. Seriously reconsidering this after my recent experience.

1  Thank AmandaB916812
Reviewed 18 December 2021

Our stay at this Courtyard was planned for a brief visit to the area for two days mid-week. We were very satisfied with this hotel since it has an excellent location close to all of the local attractions right on Chocolate Avenue.

Our room was very nice. It was very roomy, clean, and attractive. The bathroom was also very modern and functional. There is no tub, just a walk-in shower. (The shower control is opposite from the shower head....quite a reach!)

The room temperature was very hard to adjust to our satisfaction. When we first checked in, the air conditioning was on and the room was very chilly. It took quite awhile for the thermostat to adjust to the heat setting and by later that evening, it was too hot. Not the easiest type of unit to adjust and very slow to respond.

We ate breakfast in the Bistro. Staff there was very friendly and prepared our requests promptly.

All in all, we felt our stay at this Courtyard was very good and it met our needs.

Room tip: The back rooms are on the quiet side away from the main road.
Reviewed 13 December 2021

This was our second family excursion to Hershey Park, and my wife booked three rooms for us and our two adult kids' families. We had a wonderful time...not just seeing the local attractions, but being able to stay in a nice but small hotel nearby with a family attitude. Brandi at the front desk welcomed us and made sure all of us were checked in and everything was taken care of. In the am, the nice attendant at the breakfast bar went out of her way to ensure that our breakfast orders were done right for us. The manager came thru and asked if he could be of any assistance. At check out there was a minor error on a mis-billing for food, and Dee at the front desk fixed the problem immediately. We live about 2 hours away and being able to stay at such a nice hotel with great staff makes excusions like this a welcome break. Thx, Courtyard staff for all you did to make this a great mini-vacation!

Room tip: Just ask to be away from elevators--we did and all was good.
Reviewed 4 November 2021

I was looking for a quick stay near DC to surprise my daughter for her 18th birthday since we had been doing a scramble of college visits. My other daughter suggested this Courtyard since she said her soccer team stay a few years ago was "better than JW." As a platinum member, I was a tad hesitant when I read the recent reviews, but I figured it was only one night. After booking online, I called the hotel to ask if I could request an upgrade and mentioned it was my daughter's birithday. I have never asked since I'm usually an online check in/mobile key person, but the points didn't allow me to book a suite. Though Ryan H made no promises, he said he'd make a note.

We arrived at the hotel the following evening around 10:30pm, and Ryan was at the front desk.  He said he had been waiting for me since they had a cancellation on their extended suite (!)  He warmly welcomed us, handed my daughter a Marriott Courtyard pin and wished her a happy birthday, which she found touching.  The suite was huuugge, modern and, very well lit. But what blew her away was that there was a full cake, balloon, and card on the table when we entered the suite. There was a card from Laura M wishing my daughter a happy birthday with the note "Welcome to adulthood kiddo," which I though was a nice, personal touch. I went back down to thank Ryan again and to offer to pay for the items. He modestly and repeatedly turned down my request to pay or tip. Upon my pressing, I also learned that he had gone above and beyond by calling housekeeping in the morning to make sure they had received his note. Wow, just wow.

I recognize that my experience was because I'm a platinum member and made the added effort to call. However, as someone that has stayed at hundreds of hotels across the globe, I think customer service is really what makes a stay memorable. This Courtyard is a category 5 that punches way above it's weight. Yes, there's a bit of wear, the pool looked like it could be cleaned, and I wish they had glass shower doors instead of curtains, but this is a great hotel. Ryan and Laura made my daughter's birthday weekend truly special, and I doubt if I would have gotten the same treatment at the JW in NYC (even if I was titanium and offered to pay for the cake).  The customer service shown was exemplary--it just had that little extra personal warmth that made it one of the best stays in a very long while. My second posting on TA in ten years, but I felt compelled in order to recognize Ryan, Laura, and the rest of the terrific team at Courtyard Hershey.

Room tip: The spacious 2 room suite is well worth the extra $100 if there are more than 2 people.
Date of stay: November 2021