“#13 on Trip Advisor in Hazleton????”
Review of El Mariachi

El Mariachi
Ranked #10 of 105 Restaurants in Hazleton
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 28 May 2017

We love Mexican food, and while in Hazleton, we had to look and see what was out there. Notably, Hazleton isn't the food mecca of the world, but the highest rated Mexican restaurant was El Mariachi. It was rated #13, with Perkins and a Chinese buffet restaurant rated higher. With hesitation, we tried it anyway. This is the model for why you don't always go with your first instinct. The food was phenomenal, the prices very, very reasonable and the portion sizes incredible. The only negative was the area where the restaurant is located, but once you get past that (which will take some effort), it's all uphill from there. We will definitely be back, maybe even mañana!!! I hearby elicit Hazleton Foodies to go, eat and enjoy, and get the Trip Advisor rating where it belongs....#1 would be about right!!!

1  Thank Sarah F

Reviewed 24 October 2016

We came there because of their good reviews and that was not a lie , the only bad thing is the location , I would not go there when it is dark .

Reviewed 10 October 2016

Finally got around to going here, glad I did. I ordered the beef sopre & pork tamale both were great & the price was unbelievably cheap. I'll have to come back & get a full platter next time. I was the only non Latino in there when I ordered a guy came out of the kitchen to speak English to me & he was very friendly & courteous making me feel welcome. I know enough Spanish to get around but I wanted to see how they handled an English speaking person. So if you don't know Spanish go anyway you'll be made to feel welcome.

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

I live near this amazing place. The food is amazing. Everything fresh and hot. Fresh tortillas also

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Really good authentic Mexican! Great for lunch! The people are friendly and the prices are great! I had the chilaquilles. They were very good!