“The best Chinese restaurant Luzerne County”

Five Star Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 106 Restaurants in Hazleton
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 9 May 2016

Asian cuisine in all it's variety. 5 Star has the best of Chinese, Japanese & Thai food. Favorite Thai is the crispy green beans with beef, the basil beef is great too. The sushi sampler for Japanese is unbeatable. My favorite Chinese dish is the Royal Hunan. Equally good is the Szechuan seafood & Wor Shu hot plates. Their hot & sour soup is best around & I think the only place that still puts thin slices of pork in it. Hands down it's the best Chinese restaurant around.

Reviewed 17 April 2016

I ordered from here on our vacation to Hazelton and Scranton while we stayed in our hotel. Our food was great, the delivery was very quick and everything was wonderful.

Reviewed 14 April 2016

Ordered hot and sour soup but was served wonton soup. The place was dirty. The menu had stains under the plastic covers. The chicken and pork in the dishes we ordered tasted funny and the texture was not like real meat. Took the leftovers home but they went into the trash can.

Reviewed 11 March 2016

I know this because this restaurant NEVER offered a buffet in the 20 years or so it has been in business. I have eaten there more times than I can count and the food is made to order and fabulous. If a person is going to write a review, especially a bad one, they should make sure they know which restaurant they condemning. There are many Chinese buffets in this area, this is not one of them. My husband and I ate there on our anniversary recently, he loved the pepper steak and the drunken noodles were the best I ever had. Please don't let a careless reviewer keep you from this amazing place, you won't be sorry.

Reviewed 13 November 2015 via mobile

I love this type of buffet Chinese with Japanese mix, but this place was disgusting. The food was cold, and the hibachi was a joke. Food was like rubber, I couldn't eat anything I sampled and exactly that sampled bc it was nasty. Go somewhere else. Sorry to write a bad review on any place but this one deserves it.