“Great Italian food in the heart of Hazleton”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Benito's Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #34 of 104 Restaurants in Hazleton
Reviewed 9 October 2017

This is the place to go for great Italian food in a small city. The veal parm is the best around. Very friendly and efficient waitresses.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

I don't know why it took me so long to go here but now that I did, it will be a regular stop.

This place is as authentic as it could be. The owner is from Italy & the place reminds me of the little "hole in the wall" restaurants in Sorrento. Everything is homemade & they have just about anything Italian you could want.

Not fancy, in fact they have a salad & soup bar. I'm really not a fan of these but I found it very nice & clean. Many choices including lupino beans just like my Aunt Rosie made!!!

Nice bar area & best prices in town for Italian fare. Was surprised to see many Italian Americans that I knew there. Must be consistently good for people to keep coming back. I know I will!

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

A pleasant surprise ! Small cozy atmosphere / large menu with different specials each night ..excellent food and service . Was my first time there - will be back!

Reviewed 16 January 2016

I had the veal Oscar. The veal was superb with plenty of crab meat .My friend had the veal scalopine said that was a little fatty. Both of our salads were huge. If you go go any day but Mon. & Tues. There's a salad bar. My only complaint is the draft beer should be colder. Beer should be cold not just cool.

Reviewed 18 September 2014

Terrible, terrible experience @ this restaurant. Restaurant offers five dollar pizza night and two dollar a dozen clams. Went out to eat for my daughters birthday, ordered one five dollar pizza, two dozen clams, and one picture of beer. Waitress brings bill back and there is an
EIGHTY -FIVE dollar charge on the receipt. Took bill up to owner and he said, "I'm sorry I'll fix it." So they take my debit card again and charge the real amount of $25. My checking statement comes in and sure enough I was charged eighty-five and twenty-five. Had to dispute the amount with my bank and ninety days later I am still out the eighty-five dollars. To all who dine, check your bill twice. Merchant stated it was a "mistake" but several other customers the same thing happened.

1  Thank Kathleen S