“Meal with wife on Business trip”
Review of Ovalon Restaurant

Ovalon Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Hazleton
Price range: US$14 - US$56
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Family Owned & Operated Since 1946 the Ovalon Bar & Grill is Hazleton's longest standing fine dining restaurant. Today the Ovalon is a Italian fine dining tradition, and stands as the roots of the Scalleat Hospitality Group's three restaurants Our chefs feature Italian Classics -- as well as contemporary offerings - in our wide-ranging entree selections. For those that enjoy a lighter fare, a sandwich or a small plate at our smoke free bar is an excellent option. Families can sit and appreciate a relaxing meal with their children, who can order from the children's menu. We also have a full menu available for takeout.
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Family owned restaurant. Great Atmosphere. Italian themed restaurant. The waitress was very attentive. My wife had crab cakes. Two enormous crab cake mostly crab meat with very little "filler". I had steak. We both really enjoyed the meal and the and the atmosphere. We will definitely go back the next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

The steak ala Greek is delicious! My favorite dish there. Every time i go there, I end up getting that meal. The steak & crabmeat is made to perfection.The seafood salad is great as well!! No imitation seafood there!! It is family friendly but also good for couples or parties. Service is great as well. Full bar if you need a special drink.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Can't believe I've lived in Hazleton and didn't hear of Ovalon until now. The meals were impeccable and reasonably priced. The quality was excellent! Service was wonderful and personal. Best dinner I've had in a long time!

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I ate at Ovalon. The neighborhood looks sketchy, but we had absolutely no problems.
Friendly employees, quick service, good food. Price not too bad.
All in all, a good experience!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

What a welcome little gem of a joint this was after a long day on the road. Hazleton may have been better days, but you won't find a better restaurant there. A booth in the bar is the place to be, and, if you're lucky, Susie will be doing the wait-staff honors. If the lobster ravioli is on the menu, read no further.

1  Thank Juleschild