All reviews parking lot waffles grab bars hot tub room key hot oatmeal perfect stay free breakfast next morning breakfast choices large bathroom the breakfast area fresh fruit great place to stay checking in stayed one night business center
Reviewed 11 June 2018

When we arrived, there was some smell from the new carpet in the lobby, but when we went to our recently renovated room the fumes were quite strong and we had to switch to an old room. The new room was very nice otherwise. Breakfast choices were somewhat below average and I needed to use a plastic bowl for my hot oatmeal. Also, they would not honor my request to check out past 1 PM because they were short staffed (they said due to the holiday).

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Fairfield_Hazleton, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear FrequentHotel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent experience at our hotel. I am very sorry if you were inconvenienced in any way by our recent and current renovations. I am also sorry to hear that you were not happy with our breakfast options. We do try to add extra options to our menu outside of what the Fairfield brand standard requires us to carry. We do always try to honor late check outs to our guests based upon availability and I am glad to hear we were able to extend one until 1pm at least for you.

We would love to have you back to experience our hotel once our renovations are completed and give us the opportunity to provide you with an exception experience.

Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Friendly, efficient reception, clean and comfortable facility, a reasonable breakfast (one does not expect too much at a motel), quiet location just off the highway and toward town. I stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Baruch M

Dear Baruch M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your experience! We would love to have you stay again with us, especially once our property refresh is complete so that we can provide you with an exceptional experience!

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed three nights and was very comfortable with room. The staff is exceptional, both a.m. and p.m.
They are in the process of remodeling but it is no inconvenience to the customer. The bft.during the wreek is wonderful but it varies slightly on the weekends.
Would definitely stay there again!
No pets!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
5  Thank travelskip
Fairfield_Hazleton, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Dear travelskip,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us!

As you noted, we are in the process of being renovated and we are very excited about the end results and we truly think our guests will be very impressed and enjoy our hotel even more! Our goal during this process is still to provide the best experience possible and we are very happy to hear that we succeeded.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in our area!

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

This was a very clean hotel however we were immediately given a room that was not cleaned yet. We were then given another room. Room was slightly outdated w the scent of Fabreeze. We prefered a non-scented room. It was a very loud weekend because young kids were running up and down the hall. The maids (on ground level was super friendly and professional.) The lady who worked at the breakfast area was very professional, too, asking how long we plan on staying, where we were from, etc... The only slight drawback was the front desk receptionist. The morning receptionist was super professional and pointed out many things to do in the area; however the night receptionist was not too friendly. In fact, we asked what her name was and she answered, “What?,” instead of answering, “My name is Amanda.” A bit standoffish. But overall, we may not return because we may not be in area again.

Stayed: February 2018
2  Thank MommyTraveler2
Fairfield_Hazleton, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear MommyTraveler2,

I sincerely apologize for the housekeeping issue you encountered in your first room. It is not typical of our hotel and I have definitely shared this feedback with my front desk and housekeeping staff to ensure this does not occur in the future.

It is great to hear that your interactions with our staff were overall positive and friendly. The front desk associate you mentioned is a very outgoing individual and I do think that perhaps there could have been an issue of genuinely not hearing the question you had asked. I am sorry if this came across in any other way to you as we definitely want to present a welcoming feeling to all of our guests.

We would love to see you and your family again and provide you with a truly exceptional experience!

Reviewed 30 January 2018

My family and I frequently stay at the Fairfield Inn Marriott. On this last trip, my husband forgot his medication in our hotel room. Crystal, Manager of Housekeeping, immediately retrieved the medication and shipped via Fed Ex. We had it in 72 hours.
Crystal and staff went above and beyond. Additionally, they accommodated our connecting rooms request.
We would recommend this hotel to other families without hesitation and will definitely stay there anytime we are in the area.

The Leib Family

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Shannon L
Fairfield_Hazleton, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hazleton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear Shannon L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on your experience at our hotel; we truly appreciate it. I am so glad to hear that you were able to get your medication returned to you quickly. Our goal first and foremost is for our guests to have a great experience at our hotel and we are happy to take whatever steps needed to ensure that happens.
Thank you for taking the time as well to mention our Executive Housekeeper by name, it was extremely thoughtful of you to do so. She is definitely a valuable member of our team and I know she will be very grateful!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you and your family again when you are back in our area!