All reviews complimentary champagne adirondack chairs lake wallenpaupack electric fireplace kayak rentals champagne toast at sunset renovated cottage rueben bus trip large house boat club french bulldog view of the lake poolside bar modern amenities sister properties wedding coordinator
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Spent a snowy weekend at the resort with my husband. Our suite overlooked the lake and was beautifually furnished and impeccably clean. The staff could not have been more accommodating and knowledgeable. They directed us to some great places to visit in Hawley. We spent the evening hanging out at The Dock restaurant which is on site and was wonderful. The food was delicious, the staff was great and the atmospher was perfect.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmichjoh
Sarah O, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Birches Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Dear jmichjoh,
We are ecstatic to hear your weekend retreat was unbelieveable! We are happy you loved your suite, the service and had a chance to visit The Dock for dinner. Thank you for taking the time to review us and we hope you’ll join us again soon!

Reviewed 3 January 2017

My girlfriend and I spent New Years Eve and really enjoyed our time here.
The accommodations were wonderful with a beautiful view of the lake.
And the staff The Inn, the restaurant and at the New Years bash were all some of the nicest folks I've met in the area.
We will definitely make plans to stay again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Sarah O, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Birches Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Dear gatorman1701,
It’s wonderful to hear that you had a great stay with us and a fantastic New Year’s Eve! We will pass along your compliments to our staff. Thank you for reviewing us and we look forward to your next visit to the lake!

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

I'm a pretty spontaneous guy so this last minute trip to see a coupla friends was just what the doctor ordered. View was great from the cozy room. In addition to a very tasty lunch at Silver Birches' "The Dock" restaurant, I also went to my 2 favorite places - the "sister" locations - Ledges Hotel/Glass Bar for dinner and Settlers Inn for breakfast.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo

Dear Rob V.,
We’re thrilled you had a fantastic time on your quick getaway to the Pocono Mountains! We are happy to hear your room was cozy, the view was great, and lunch at The Dock was tasty. We’re also pleased you had a chance to dine at our sister restaurants. Thank you for taking the time to review us and we hope you’ll join us again for a quick getaway or a longer stay!

Reviewed 18 December 2016

It was a dark and stormy night… . Well, it wasn’t that dark, or that stormy; but there was snow enough to spin my very light truck into an I-84 guardrail. The cat carrier, holding my two precious girls, pitched forward and hung between seat and floor. The 911 dispatcher patched me through to another dispatcher, who convinced to move the truck forward to get the back end out of the travel lane, and sent a Pennsylvania trooper to the rescue. I pulled the carrier back onto the seat, telling the girls they’d be okay. They were silent.

The trooper stopped traffic, and I turned round the right way. But the little truck couldn’t go above 10 or 15-miles an hour without fishtailing like mad. He followed me, lights flashing, to an exit. At the exit he stopped, declared the truck not winter worthy, smiled, and sent me on a right turn toward a Sunoco and Dunkin’ Donuts.
I was still shaking as I crept down country roads, comforting the girls, and praying for a Sunoco sign. The girls remained silent.

It was now Sunday night, and I was headed from Massachusetts to Ohio for a job—determined to be at my desk Monday morning. That wasn’t happening. I stopped at the first inn I saw, and went inside—despite multiple signs saying absolutely no pets allowed. Emotional, I pled my case to the couple at the desk. They called around for somewhere the cats would be welcome. They repeated the directions several times, and stood outside watching as I pulled back onto the road and headed to see Tim at the Silver Birches Inn.

Tim smiled, and my shaking eased. He let me into a small, comfortable room, and then carried the cats in for me. As soon as the door closed, I let the girls out. They dashed under the bed. I brought in their things, and soon Josephine was checking out the room. Phoenix came out long enough for me to ensure they were both okay.
I put my coat back on and walked through the calming snow to the adjoining restaurant—The Docks. I sat at the bar, relayed my tale to Sonia, ordered a gin and tonic and, despite no appetite, an open-faced Rueben, and, on her instruction, took some deep breaths.

Oh my word! The corned beef was amazing, the sandwich beyond delicious, and the fries perfect. I stopped shaking altogether.

Back in the room, I turned on the electric fireplace. The girls smelled their food and confirmed water was in the bowl. Josephine explored, and settled into the comfy red chair. Phoenix burrowed under the blankets.

I woke to a Christmas card view of the lake behind the inn. Breakfast at the Docks, provided by local bakery Cocoon, rocked. Best breakfast sandwich and coffee ever.
I was anxious for the roads to be plowed, but I didn’t really want to leave.

Too soon it was time.

I was trying to repack the truck bed, but struggled with the tarp. Tim repacked and re-tarped my crates, then found some rope and tied everything down. Then he carried the cats back to the cab. I checked out, hugged Tim, and headed out.

Not.

The truck wouldn’t back. Tim jumped into the bed to add some weight—no dice. In just a sweater, he ran over and got the snow plow to come into the parking area and clear the snow behind my truck.

Smiling, inside and out, we were on our way—with visions of returning dancing in my head.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank ReneeZen
Sarah O, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Birches Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2016

Dear ReneeZen,
We are thrilled to hear we turned an otherwise harrowing experience into a wonderful stay at the resort. We will pass along the many compliments to Tim who is a true asset to our team. We are glad to hear Josephine and Phoenix were able to get comfortable as well. Thank you for taking the time to review us and we wish you great luck in your new job. We hope you will come back to see us again in the future and find everything as wonderful as the last time you saw us!

Reviewed 16 December 2016

Beautiful rustic setting .Guest lounge was warm and welcoming and seasonally decorated. As for our room, lodge inspired appointments set the tone. No amenity was overlooked. An overall winning experience.

Room Tip: Review lodging options on line, something for everyone
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joechoma53

Dear joechoma53,
We are ecstatic to hear your stay was everything you were looking for and more! We are thrilled you enjoyed our new holiday decorations at the inn. Thank you for taking the time to review us and we hope to see you again in the future!