All reviews spiral staircase small plates glass factory boutique hotel old mill great room rainfall shower first floor wine bar settlers inn beautiful waterfall hanger steak bedroom suite half bath restaurant downstairs coffee house two story
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed in a queen room. Very comfortable bed and pillows. Everything was clean. The restaurant is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays so I went out for dinner. Everything was as it should be, there was no problem at all. I'll be back.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Dennis-reunion
Sarah O, Guest Relations Manager at Ledges Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Dennis-reunion,

Thank you for your review and we’re glad you enjoyed your stay. If you visit again, we hope you can enjoy Glass-wine.bar.kitchen open Wednesday-Sunday.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just returned from an overnight re Veterans Appreciation...thank you so much for the wonderful escape. Ledges is a beautiful scenic welcoming place. The rooms are comfortable and upscale....so Zen.
We love it here and will be back. Continental breakfast is homemade pastry and breads from Hawley SilkMill...delish!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank gypsy4747

Dear gypsy4747,

We are pleased you joined us for the Veteran’s Appreciation. We hope to see you again next year! Thank you for your great review.

Reviewed 11 November 2018 via mobile

The Ledges is right on a waterfall providing a beautiful relaxing atmosphere. The staff, especially Alana at the front desk, were helpful and very friendly. The food was great.Hawley is a bit dated but our experience was wonderful. Breakfast at Settlers was also great.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DFWMSW
Sarah O, Guest Relations Manager at Ledges Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Expedition784071,

Thank you for your review of Ledges Hotel. We will pass along your compliments to Alana. We are glad you also enjoyed your breakfast at The Settlers Inn. Next time you visit, you may want to check out The Dock on Wallenpaupack for lunch or dinner overlooking Lake Wallenpaupack.

Reviewed 9 November 2018

We wanted somewhere to stop in the middle of our drive home, to break up the long driving hours, and found Ledges Hotel. It looked wonderful and it WAS wonderful! I wish we had more than one night here. Very cozy, beautiful views, comfortable bed and lobby. We were on the first floor and the room was perfectly adequate for us. Staff was super nice and helpful with dinner suggestions. There are a number of restaurants in town and coffee shops, and we took advantage of both. I definitely hope I will have a chance to stay there again, and I've been recommending it to my friends and family.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear EAlba,

Thank you so much for your excellent review. We would love to host you again. If you're looking for a reason to visit again, check out Hawley Winterfest next month!

Reviewed 29 October 2018

My wife and I stayed here for two nights, 10/26-10/27/18.

The good news:

- The staff were very friendly.

- The hotel has nice views.

- It has acceptable wi-fi.

- It is centrally located in the Poconos, and easy to get to, i.e., it's on Rt. 6.

The not-so-good news:

- Our first floor room (105) was very tiny. It had a low sort of platform mattress bed, which took up the vast majority of the room. My wife discovered that at least some rooms on higher floors had real beds, but she is unsure whether they contained real dressers (see below).

- And the room had only one small clothes-hanger rack, but no dressers, end tables, that sort of thing. This forced us to live out of suitcases -- bad enough by itself, and made worse by the tiny size of the room. (Luckily, we spent very little time in the room.)

- The bathroom was okay, but, again, limited shelf space. And I'm not a fan of the artsy but impractical straight-down rain-like shower head.

- You get an ice bucket, but we couldn't locate an ice machine. I discovered that the bartender was happy to oblige my request to get some ice. (By the way, that required going down the steep steps to the basement bar. And on that Friday, there was a three-piece band present, amplified to the point of making the area deafening.)

- I would have asked the check-in staff if there were a guest ice machine, but the staff is not present at night (after 8pm? 9pm? not sure). I wonder how guests check in if they are delayed well past the afternoon, or check out (you need to return physical entry and room keys) very early in the morning.

- Parking next to the hotel is very limited. If those few spaces are taken, the overflow area is down a hill, requiring some exercise to get back up to the hotel. By the way, you can drive out via this area, or take a chance on the single-lane curved access road more directly back to Rt 6.

I would recommend The Settlers (owned by the same folks, I believe), about a mile away. As part of a group, we were at that larger hotel for some breakfasts and dinners, and it seemed like a real hotel. While we didn't see the inside of any rooms, the first floor dining and lounge areas were decorated with dozens of amazingly carved pumpkins for the season, and all in all it looked like a very nice place, and our time spent there was much more pleasant than at the Ledges. The Settlers also seemed to have a better parking area, i.e., larger, flat, and right in front of that hotel.

My executive summary: nothing nasty about the Ledges, and certainly staffed by friendly folks, but very little to recommend it as a place to stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank wspollack

Dear wspollack,

We are disappointed to see that you did not love your stay at Ledges Hotel. Rooms do vary in size, so please ask our front desk for recommendations. We also have an inn keeper on call 24/7 for any guest needs after our front desk closes for the evening. As Ledges is a historic hotel, there is limited parking but we do offer reserved spots at the top for our hotel guests. We are glad that you enjoyed The Settlers Inn, and it was more your style. We hope you visit at Settlers again in the future.