“Good pub food and great beer selection.”
Review of The Crossbar

The Crossbar
Ranked #21 of 79 Restaurants in Havertown
Cuisines: Irish, Bar
Reviewed 27 June 2018

If you want to eat a pub and have a great beer, then this is your place. In the warmer months, outdoor seating is also available and we bring our dog.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Nice local pub with good food and great service nothing fancy but every detail is done well small so busy times it's hard to get in

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

I can't believe the lack of pictures and reviews this place has. I've been here two times and both experiences were great. The first visit I was just grabbing a few drinks at the bar and my last visit was for dinner. We ordered the wings both times and they are great. Perfect amount of heat! I like my wings a little crispy with the right amount of sauce. They got all three things perfect. I wasn't sure what to drink on both occasions and the bartender is always helpful making recommendations based on what I like. For dinner I ordered a Crossbar burger and my boyfriend ordered their special sandwich. My burger was cooked perfectly, medium rare, just how I requested. It had a great combination of ingredients, bacon, Swiss, onions and typical lettuce and tomato. The burger was big and juicy just how I like it. My boyfriend loved the special sandwich but I didn't try it so I can't comment on how it tasted. It was a steak sandwich with some type of roasted pepper aioli. I could tell the steak was very tender from the way it pulled apart so easily. The service has been great both visits and fortunately it doesn't take long to get a seat. The staff also does a great job at keeping tabs on who gets seated next. They make sure if you were next in line you get the next available seat. I will be coming back here again for sure!

Reviewed 10 August 2016

There is nothing spectacular here. Just a good local joint. Menu is very simple and limited. Usual bar fare. Burgers, pork, OK Salads...like the spinach Caesar with chicken. My fish and chips were good enough...especially when you get to the Cod below the too burnt beer batter. Lemons which should come out automatically with this dish had to be specially ordered and the very thin sliced lemons demonstrated that they were really intended only for the drinks.

Good full service bar and service was fine if not too accomplished.

Again, what do you want from a nice, low-keyed neighborhood hang-out? Prices were moderate though maybe they could have been a tad lower since nothing overly special was happening here.

I saw some happy local patrons in here. Always the sign of an OK tavern.

1  Thank TommyBoy94
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Visited recently with our daughter and son in law who live nearby. Could not have been more pleased for a casual and laid back late dinner. Joe the bartender was super friendly and attentive. The place is clean and cozy. He allowed us to sample some of the many craft beers available. Apps and dinner came out at a good pace and everything was delicious! Although a neighborhood establishment, I will go out of my way to visit again.....you should too! Great job and much success!