“Back to the 70'3 - very disappointing.”

Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East
Ranked #31 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 18 July 2017

The lobby appears to have been refreshed. The elevators, hallways and rooms on the 3rd floor are extremely dated. The hallway smelled of disinfectant spray. Everything appears to have been worn out. The bathrooms were not clean - running the water in the tub revealed dirt / debris left behind. The front desk clerk was friendly, but over worked. There was only one person and the phones appeared to be ringing non-stop. The Holiday Inn should assign a freshness date to their hotels. This one is well past its freshness date.

Room Tip: There are other hotels within walking distance.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Hello Seat3D!

I appreciate you for choosing to stay with us and going out of your way to share your thoughts. I'm glad to know that you had pleasant encounters with our hotel staff. A positive guest experience is something our entire staff takes great pride in. I'm very sorry to learn though that your stay wasn't as flawless as we have wanted it to be because of an issue with the update of our property.

I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you've provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. I've shared this to our executive team as a material in our continued effort to enhance our services.

You are truly one of our most loyal guests, and it is always a pleasure to serve you. It is patrons such as yourself to whom we owe the success of this establishment. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, we will make sure to do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Warmest Regards,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

Great place for an overnight stay. Set off from highway with easy access. Minutes from airport.
Clean rooms, and rather tight for a family.
Shuttle service was lackluster. Seemed to be an afterthought for business travelers. Can see that the hotel is more readily used for access to Hershey for families.
Great breakfast. However our group of 25 overwhelmed the staff and freshly made breakfast service with very individualized attention. Our early departure did not set them up for success.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2017

I can't begin to tell you what the staff meant to me when I recently lost my husband while visiting Harrisburg. They stepped up to the plate like no other hotel I have ever stayed in. There was an issue the day after we arrived and they took immediate action and rectified the situation. The room was comfortable and they made me feel like family. Don't hesitate to stay here.....you won't be sorry. Kudos to Michele, the General Manager, as well as Jess and Wendy at the front desk. Amazing.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2017

I make a point of staying at Holiday Inn Express when I can. So I was happy to see that there was a new Holiday Inn Express in this area.

Unfortunately, while the hotel may be new to Holiday Inn chain, it is not a new hotel. It is clearly a refurbished. The kitchen area in our suite still had phone plugs in the wall - so the hotel is pretty old.

As a refurbished hotel, it did not match the quality of a truly new Holiday Inn Express. However, it was still a good value, and the staff were great!

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room - we heard a lot of noise from the room above us
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2017

My family and I stayed 2 nights at this hotel to go to Hershey Park. Everything about the stay was great. The room was nice and I saw few, if any, problems with it. As usual for a Holiday Inn Express, the breakfast was good and the staff kept the breakfast area well stocked and clean.

There was one issue that would have tanked my rating for this hotel having to do with housekeeping, however when I brought the issue up with management they quickly resolved it. Because they did such a wonderful job taking care of my family and the issue, I'm not going to go into detail about it and I will give me a higher rating.

I would say do not hesitate to stay here. You will enjoy the stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
MicheleSchultheis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

whitebuffalo98
Thank you for taking the time to right a review on the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East Hershey Area. We are glad that you had a good experience and that we were able to make a situation that wasn't meeting your expectations, right. We hope to see you again in the future