“Good hotel, but not really a NEW Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East
Ranked #31 of 51 Hotels in Harrisburg
Reviewed 4 July 2017

I make a point of staying at Holiday Inn Express when I can. So I was happy to see that there was a new Holiday Inn Express in this area.

Unfortunately, while the hotel may be new to Holiday Inn chain, it is not a new hotel. It is clearly a refurbished. The kitchen area in our suite still had phone plugs in the wall - so the hotel is pretty old.

As a refurbished hotel, it did not match the quality of a truly new Holiday Inn Express. However, it was still a good value, and the staff were great!

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room - we heard a lot of noise from the room above us

Reviewed 26 June 2017

My family and I stayed 2 nights at this hotel to go to Hershey Park. Everything about the stay was great. The room was nice and I saw few, if any, problems with it. As usual for a Holiday Inn Express, the breakfast was good and the staff kept the breakfast area well stocked and clean.

There was one issue that would have tanked my rating for this hotel having to do with housekeeping, however when I brought the issue up with management they quickly resolved it. Because they did such a wonderful job taking care of my family and the issue, I'm not going to go into detail about it and I will give me a higher rating.

I would say do not hesitate to stay here. You will enjoy the stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
MicheleSchultheis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

whitebuffalo98
Thank you for taking the time to right a review on the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East Hershey Area. We are glad that you had a good experience and that we were able to make a situation that wasn't meeting your expectations, right. We hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Stayed in this hotel 2 years in a row even though there were closer hotels. The hotel is a little on the older side but is kept clean. We liked that it was quiet and the free breakfast was not too bad. And, if you don't like what they have to eat there are many options close by. Staff is very nice.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
MicheleSchultheis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

CMJ1161
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East Hershey Area. We appreciate your loyalty for coming back year after year. We will be renovating the rooms this year and can't wait for you to see the new look next year. We are glad we were able to exceed your expectations on service from the staff, and hope to see you next year

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

The staff is friendly and helpful, and that does count. Room is just "ok" nothing special. The AC is loud, made sleeping difficult last night. Elevator is slow. I've started using the stairs. I did enjoy the breakfast. Honestly nothing wrong with this property. It's average for this price rangr

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

deaconiupup
Thank you for taking the time to write a survey on the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East Hershey Area. We are pleased that you like our staff and can't wait till next year for you to see our fresh new appearance that is coming.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

This hotel met our need for a two night stay. It was nothing special and, other than the humidity in the room, our stay was pleasant. I do not believe this property was worth the price, but I do understand the concept of supply and demand. There were multiple sports tournaments in the area during our stay so that drove the cost up. In the future, this will not be a first choice.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kramer6492

Kramer6492
We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay at the Holiday Inn Express Harrisburg East Hershey Area. We are sorry that we didn't meet your expectations on the other areas in your review. We hope to see you again in the future to make a better impression